GM Diet Results Before & After – Lost 4 Kgs

GM diet results before and after shows difference of 4 kgs in weight loss. Temporary immediate water weight loss, detoxify. Does not burn fat weight.

Written by Anil Gupta
  By Anil Gupta          Updated  8 Jan, 20

vegEasy

GM Diet Results – Before & After

I am happy to share the GM diet results after following the 7 day plan. This is my GM diet day 8 and technically speaking, the diet period is over.
If you have joined me late, you can read out the details that I shared on Day 0 of this diet plan.

At the start of day 8, I am super delighted to share the results as I have lost about 4.2 Kgs (9.25 pounds) of weight in straight 7 days!! Ohh man..I can’t believe this.

I can easily fit into my 36″ waist trouser now….I may not look that slim in the picture but I have certainly lost fat from my buttock, thighs, lower belly on the back side and some on the face cheeks.

End of Day-0Start of Day 8
Weight83 Kgs (182.9 LB)78.8 Kgs (173.7 LB)
Waist37 Inch36 Inch – A loss of 1 inch
Height5 Ft 8 InchThank God, No reduction here
Ideal weight as per Height69 Kgs (152.1 LB)65Kgs
Target to loose4 Kgs (9 Lbs)4.2 Kgs lost. Achieved..Hurray!!

I don’t have words to express my feelings. It is awesome and I am seriously feeling great and much lighter.

I can feel that my body is feeling much better in terms of fatigue and usual laziness. I don’t get tired even if I walk long distances (I tried walking 1.4 miles up and down and was still feeling good). Looks like diet has certainly cleaned up the system.

The craving for food is slowly coming up as mind has already accepted the success and asking me to jump and eat whatever I want. But..this is the important time to control and maintain this weight. If I simply move on to my normal day to day (that I was having before going on diet), I stand a good chance of gaining the lost weight easily.

So, it is important to maintain and control my food intake to maintain as well as keep loosing the weight on a lower pace.

GM Diet Tips from My Experience

#1 GM diet in Mind Game

You will be able to succeed in GM diet if you can control your mind.

Try to be active 70% of the time you are awake. It helps your metabolism (the speed at which body consumes energy) high.

If you can’t exercise, take a small walk to the grocery store next door and use stairs as much as possible. Also, try climbing two stair at once to give a boost to metabolism.

#2 Stay away from food and its smell

We as human being eat more with our eyes and nose than mouth. So, staying away is the key.

I myself got distracted when i looked at chhole Bhature on day 3. This is one of my favorite food and I simply closed the site to keep my mind away from thinking about food.

#4 Drink water every 1 Hour

Try to eat something or drink water after every 1-1.5 hours. Also, drink water regularly to keep your body hydrated.

If you skip drinking water, you may not be able to continue the full diet plan as dehydration could spoil the show. Water intake also makes you feel full and turns the hungry feeling away for a while.

Do you know that Virat Kohli, the Indian cricketer drinks the Evian Spring Water? They claim that this water comes from French Alps!

#5 Avoid Weekly Fast or Special Fast Days

What if your regular fast days (Monday fast or Karva Chauth or any other fast) cross roads along your GM diet?

It is better to avoid these regular weekly fast days when you are following the GM diet. And if we talk about the Karva Chauth type of fasts, it is advised that we plan GM diet when we these mandatory fasts do not cross the road in between!

#6 No Whisky, Beer, Wine and cola drinks

I completely avoided tea and coffee too but drank Lemon water extensively. If you feel that you cannot survive without tea, i would suggest you to go for black tea (without milk).

All alcoholic drinks like whisky, beer and wine contain calories and you should avoid them.

That was it, I hope my experience will help you too to motivate yourself and make a change in your life.

How Much Weight Was Lost?

As a matter of fact, my wife has also lost about 1.2 Kgs (2.6 Lbs) over this week even though she was not following this diet. Its just that she used to have the same lunch that i was having and somehow the menu was controlled. The other thing that probably has helped her is that she did not prepared any sweets last week due to my diet!!

If you or anyone you know have followed the GM diet, do share your experiences in the comments section here.

If you get ill during the course of this diet, please do consult your doctor or stop this diet. You may try it some other time.

Does GM diet Reduce Fat Weight?

GM diet does not reduce fat weight. It is not possible to reduce any significant fat in 7 days of GM diet. The most weight that you will lose will be water weight.

Will I gain the Weight Back After GM Diet?

The chances are very high that you will get the weight back if you stop doing GM diet.
This is simply because you only lose water weight and once you come back to your regular diet, the water retention is started again by your body and you regain all weight back.
I also got all the weight back within a month.

Does GM Diet Water Help Lose Weight for Party Dress?

You can use GM diet to lose water weight quickly and look a little slimmer for a party within a week.
This is what most celebrities also do to get ready for an important party appearance.
GM diet will help you reduce your salt intake and hence your body will not retain water.

How Do I lose Fat with GM diet?

It is difficult to lose fat weight in GM diet’s 7 days. You need to keep doing the diet for at-least a month for any meaningful and visible fat loss.
Note that your body needs to have calorie deficit to lose fat weight.

I have lost 2.5 kgs in first two days and no reduction after that. Is this okay? Can I continue GM Diet?

There is nothing strange about this weight loss and nothing to worry either. The immediate weight loss that you see is because of lesser salt consumption. Your body is storing lesser water and hence you see the reduction. Keep going on with the diet and you will see better results after day 7.

Can we replace brown rice with white rice in GM diet?

You should not replace brown rice with white rice in GM diet.
White rice has more starch content than the brown rice and hence are not advisable. Although, I myself consumed white rice on GM Diet Day 5, I would advise you to eat brown ones for better results.

When should I check my weight each day in GM 7 days diet?

The best time to record your weight each day would be morning after your bowl movements (before eating or drinking anything). This weight can vary too but has less variance and is more reliable.

The normal body weight varies by about 2-3 pounds (1 – 1.5 Kg) between morning and night due to consumption of food and drinks.

Can we include green peas or Boiled peas in the cabbage soup or salad in GM Diet?

You should not add peas or Potatoes in your soup or salad in GM diet. They contain starch and does not help weight loss.

Can I repeat GM diet every week or every month?

You can repeat GM diet every week or every month.
Repeating would be really tough and can affect your health. This diet is primarily meant to trigger some basic changes in your eating pattern and providing lesser carbs (carbohydrates that convert into sugar and deposit in your body).
Repeating every month is another case and can be done, if you feel you can do it. But, do not over-do anything.
I would advice you to just do GM diet for 7 days and then maintain the lesser calorie intake (just about 1400 good calories) to keep the weight loss momentum going.
Good calories means any non-fried and non-sugar food.

How much weight loss is guaranteed by GM diet?

There is no weight loss guarantee with GM diet.
The weight that you lose would mostly be water weight and it varies with each person.
Remember, this weight is easier to gain if you do NOT control your diet after 7 days. It goes fast and comes back with double the speed.

Can I drink Green tea in GM Diet?

You can drink green tea in GM diet without milk and sugar.
It has zero calories if you do not add anything for taste. You can drink it thrice a day, on all days.
I would recommend drinking green tea even after you are done with GM diet.

Which milk is recommended for drinking in the GM diet?

You should drink fat free milk in GM diet. It is also known as double-toned or skimmed milk in India.

Is headache normal during GM diet?

Headache is normal in GM diet. You might also feel a bloated stomach due to gas. This is okay and expected.
There is no need to take any pain killer medicine. You would generally feel the minor pain in the back side of your hear at the end of the day during the diet. Don’t worry, you will be fine next morning.

Note: If you have any other headache issues like a Migraine or something else, that you normally get, you should STOP dieting immediately and consult your doctor.

Can I eat Roti instead of brown rice during GM Diet?

You can eat roti instead of brown rice. Make sure that Roti is made with Whole wheat flour and not Maida (a refined wheat flour).

Can we add Bourvita or Horlicks in milk during GM Diet?

You cannot add Bournvita and Horlicks in milk during GM diet. These are energy drinks and contain high amount of Sugar.

Advantages of GM Diet

1. Helps you lose about 3-6 Kgs of weight fast.
  2. Helps your body to drain out the toxins.
  3. Helps you make a systematic change to your diet. For example, you are supposed to eat brown rice instead of white rice. This is beneficial as you would otherwise never even tried eating brown rice or brown bread. Make a change and keep it with you to maintain the lost weight.

Dis-advantages of GM Diet

1. The weight you lose is primarily the water weight due to lesser Salt consumption. This weight can come back easily when you jump back to your normal food intake schedule after 7 days.
  2. There is no major fat loss from the body as compared to the total number of Kgs you see on weight scale. Hence, you might not see any major difference in your waist size or tummy.
  3. It is a crash diet and can’t be repeated frequently. If you do, you are stressing your body too much and it can result in health issues.

GM Diet Each Day what to eat Links

Day 0 Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Results

Diet Health

77 Useful Questions & Answers from comments

1. Leens
    Leens 19 Dec, 16 at 10:24 pm

Hello I don’t loose weight after GM diet even I very strictly followed it, I just check all comments so get knew I don’t have to eat salt regularly is it?? Or any other reason ?? If it’s correct so let me know how many days I have to eat salt and how. Many times in a day?

• Leena Sareen
      Leena Sareen 19 Dec, 16 at 10:55 pm

Waiting for reply

Anil Gupta 20 Dec, 16 at 12:40 am

Hi Leena,
        As per my experience, GM diet does not help you loose fat. It only the water weight that you lose in a week.
        So, if you reduce Salt or completely remove it from your diet, you will see higher weight loss.
        This is simply because, your body will not hold water in the absence of Salt and hence you will weight lesser on weight machine.

2. Kanupriya
    Kanupriya 13 May, 16 at 3:35 pm

It’s so great that you have lost 4.2 kgs. That’s wow!! I could only loose max 2.5-2.8 kgs in a week 🙁 .
    I just need that salt! just cant eat food without it ;).
    I don’t know about the water weight but GM Diet has helped me to reduce the fat percentage in my body. I did the diet every alternate week and managed to loose 18 kgs of weight in 3 months of time. Alternating one week of this diet and another week of workout can do wonder’s. And now it’s been more than a year. I have gained only 2 kilos back (thanks to the pizzas,burgers and chocolates) but I think if you stay away from sugar, flour and salt, and also stay active throughout the day you are good to go.

3. Bianca
    Bianca 27 Apr, 16 at 9:20 pm

Can i lose weight if i ‘m 13 168 cm and 49 kg?i m vegan and i really want to be skinnier!i mean will it work on slimmer people???

Anil Gupta 27 Apr, 16 at 9:47 pm

Yes, it will work.
      As per my experience, this diet only reduces your body’s water weight. That’s the only reason it reduces 9-10 pounds in a week.

4. Hang Nguyen
    Hang Nguyen 21 Apr, 16 at 11:21 am

Hi Anil,

can I drink unsweetended Soya milk instead of milk?

Cheers.

Anil Gupta 21 Apr, 16 at 1:09 pm

Yes, you can.

5. Sehr
    Sehr 29 Mar, 16 at 6:30 pm

Hi Anil, today is my 5th day of GM diet and I’m sad to share that I hav lost only 0.2kg, I don’t know why this happened.
    What should I do?

Anil Gupta 30 Mar, 16 at 12:26 am

Are you following the diet strictly? If you are, then the only reason for not losing weight is that you are eating Salt.
      GM diet only helps reduce the water weight and if that is not happening, then you must be eating salt regularly.

6. Vivek
    Vivek 26 Mar, 16 at 9:41 am

hi
    is there any substitute for mushrooms??

Anil Gupta 30 Mar, 16 at 12:24 am

I think I answered it but looks like it did not show up here.
      There are no substitutes that I know of.

7. Piyush Khosla
    Piyush Khosla 6 Feb, 16 at 12:43 pm

Hi Anil

I read your gm diet plan. Very inspiring. My question is what about those who don’t eat tomatoes, beetroot and who plays tennis for an hour 5 days a week? Any alternative vegetables? I am a non-vegetarian.

Anil Gupta 6 Feb, 16 at 4:32 pm

Hi Piyush,
      I would suggest to not go with GM diet plan if you play tennis for an hour every day. You can seriously reduce weight just by following non-sugar, no-oil diet daily.
      Personally, I have realized that GM diet does not help you lose the FAT, instead, it is just the water weight that you see as lost, on weight scale.

FAT loss is more permanent and reduces waist size too. This has been my experience with controlling diet and daily exercising:

On your question of vegetable substitutes, you can eat any other veggie that you like. I would probably include egg whites, chicken breast (high protein), soyabean and tofu.

Let me know if you need more information.

• Piyush Khosla
        Piyush Khosla 6 Feb, 16 at 6:21 pm

Thank you Anil for the response. :).. Then, I stick to playing tennis regularly.. 🙂

8. Simar S
    Simar S 8 Jan, 16 at 2:42 pm

hi
    is it fine to hve 1 cup coffee/tea a day
    because i m walking as well about 3 mile a day
    without coffee it make me sleepy

Anil Gupta 8 Jan, 16 at 2:47 pm

Yes, you can have coffee. But, I would suggest to have black one (with No milk, no sugar).
      Even better option would be to drink Green tea with no sugar and no milk.

I am guessing that your body is craving for caffeine since you are feeling sleepy. If you feel this is true, then Green tea would work best, as it has anti-oxidants (to help burn fat) in addition to caffeine.

9. Jigyasa
    Jigyasa 15 Nov, 15 at 3:49 pm

Ok… I am quite motivated to do this from the coming week… mainly because I feel I have a lot of water weight in my body… and due to PCOS I have put on weight recently.. Funny fact is I practice yoga everyday… still weight kept coming on and I realised something is not right My questions…
    Can I still continue to practice Yoga and exercises… I practice Ashtanga which is challenging and not just gentle..?
    Can I use the market made Chat Masala? Di we have to avoid salt completely?
    I will be following all your recipes to make it easy to go about for me… A cup of Chai… mind you not tea is extremely important for me so that would be the biggest challenge.

Anil Gupta 16 Nov, 15 at 12:28 am

Hi Jigyasa,
      All the best for your diet.
      1. Yes, you can and infact you should keep the yoga and exercise ON. This will certainly help you lose more than what others mught, with this diet.
      2. You can have chai. Make sure you use NO sugar and Use fat free (double toned) milk to make this chai.
      3. Market made chat masala is okay. Salt is okay too but try to restrict its quantity.

10. Chris Joseph
    Chris Joseph 26 Oct, 15 at 7:40 am

Hi Anil,

Your post inspired me so I have started this diet from today but I just wanted to ask you is there any way that I can reduce my waist also during this regime? I also want you to advice me what kind of carb and fat free food should I take after completing this diet.

Anil Gupta 26 Oct, 15 at 11:24 am

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, I don’t think there would be any substantial waist size reduction with this diet.
      That’s possible only with sustainable fat loss from tummy and stomach area.

The simple rule for this would be: eat less calories than your body burns in a day and it will automatically start using stored fat. This is a long process but result in a more permanent weight loss.

Eating carbs is important for body functioning. You should try to eat whole grains ( whole wheat, oats etc) and avoid refined flours (like All purpose flour -Maida in Hindi), eat vegetables, soyabean, tofu and fat free Paneer (kind of cottage cheese).

Completely stop or reduce to minimal eating of butter, oil and sugar. Do not even eat artificial sweeteners. Once you start avoiding sugar, your body will adapt to it.
      Avoid fried foods. Get on to healthy foods and your waist will automatically start contracting.
      For all this to happen, you will have to change your food habits. You can’t achive it in a week or a month, it would take at-least two months to show a difference and then more to maintain it.

Read my other experience with changing food habits and weight loss here:

Let me know if you need more information.

• Chris Joseph
        Chris Joseph 26 Oct, 15 at 2:35 pm

Thank you so much for your kind advice. I would follow what you suggested.

11. Saravan
    Saravan 19 Oct, 15 at 5:01 am

Hi Anil, I successfully finished GM diet Yesterday. Cant believe that I Lost almost 6.5 Kg. I was 75 kg last week i.e day 0,Today I weigh 68.25 Kg. My ideal weight should be 65 Kg. From today I will be following your diet and lifestyle from other post (where U lost 20 Pounds in 3 months). No more craving for sweets and junk food. I am feeling fresh , light and great. You are the one who motivated me. Your blog helped me so much. I thank you from my heart 🙂

Anil Gupta 19 Oct, 15 at 11:21 am

Hi Saravan,
      Wow…that is great news. I am glad that it helped you.

You are right in the sense that if you want to maintain this weight loss (which is more is water), you should not go back to your original diet.

Just make sure to eat small portions and try to avoid carbohydrates (like chapati or idli or dosa or rice) in dinner. No sugar and less oil will help you loose fat too (which would be a more permanent weight loss).

All the best.

12. vinny
    vinny 6 Oct, 15 at 5:20 pm

hello,
    can i add honey in green tea?

Anil Gupta 6 Oct, 15 at 6:59 pm

Yes, you can.
      Keep these points in mind:
      1. Honey should NOT have added sugar. Read the label carefully.
      2. Keep the honey’s quantity limited. 1 tsp is okay.

• Vinny
        Vinny 6 Oct, 15 at 9:36 pm

Okay thanks
        Today is my first day. And my energy level is very down, is it normal??

Anil Gupta 7 Oct, 15 at 2:17 am

Ya. That’s fine.
          Body goes into ‘saving energy’ mode when it does not get the food it is expecting.

13. Casey
    Casey 30 Sep, 15 at 3:33 pm

hi Anil,
    Today is my Day -3 but i am addicted to cofe. so i consumed coffe on day-2 with very less amount of sugar as my headache was severe in the evening.
    but now i am really worried about results.
    also can you suggest the boiled veggies recipes as eating them them boiled with no Salt and only Oregano is tuff

Anil Gupta 30 Sep, 15 at 3:40 pm

There is nothing to worry for Coffee. It is okay. Its not going to affect the results in big way if you keep rest of the diet plan intact.

You can roast veggies with a little bit of Oil rather than boiling to make it easy for you. In-fact, that’s what I also did sometimes and I added salt too.

• Casey
        Casey 30 Sep, 15 at 3:43 pm

thanks Anil.
        i had boiled veggies yesterday and today as well. My weight has been rigid i hve been following balanced diet from the start of this month but nothing is working 🙁
        And my wedding is in Dec. So i am really worried

Anil Gupta 30 Sep, 15 at 3:48 pm

Don’t worry. You will see the results in a day or two.
          Just make sure you reduce your salt intake and increase water consumption.

This diet basically works by flushing out extra water from body and you immediately see reduced weight. It does not necessarily burn lot of fat.
          Basically, it will make you look a tad thinner. This is what the celebrities also do (stop their salt intake) if they have to prepare their body for any special dress or an occasion.

14. aqsa
    aqsa 7 Sep, 15 at 11:52 am

i am taking a diet tea i make it for my self with one cup of water and some nigella seeds garlic ginger paste ,cumin seeds ,green tea ,fenugreek,and cinamum is it good for fat burning or not please tell me

Anil Gupta 7 Sep, 15 at 12:18 pm

Hi Aqsa,
      I have never tried this tea, hence can’t comment on its effectiveness.

But, can certainly say that you can burn fat if you control your diet by removing fried (oily) and Sugar based items. You will immediately start seeing results.

15. Mydhili
    Mydhili 2 Sep, 15 at 4:05 am

Started with 68.3kg and now it is 66.9 kg on day3.But I m quite worried, how to maintain.Did not find any differences physically.Can I continue the next set of GM diet after a weeks time. How long should I give gap. – Is it advice able to continue again.

Anil Gupta 2 Sep, 15 at 10:38 am

Don’t worry, the sudden weight loss that you are seeing without any physical change is actually due to water loss from your body.

Fat does not go away that fast.

You can repeat it after a gap of week if you feel comfortable.

But, I would sincerely advice you to remove Oil and Sugar from your diet to really see loss of fat. The real weight loss happens only when your body loses fat.

Since water can start depositing again in your body when you come back to normal diet, your lost weight (that you are seing now) will be back immediately.

16. Priancka
    Priancka 11 Aug, 15 at 10:26 am

how to avoid gaining back the lost weight after the 7th day. Will following a diet of 1200cal each day helpful?

Anil Gupta 11 Aug, 15 at 1:26 pm

Well, It is difficult to maintain the weight loss if it was NOT fat loss. With this GM diet, the truth is that the weight loss is due to water loss from body and NOT fat.
      Fat is hardly 10% of total weight that you lose.

The best way to find if it was water loss or fat loss is to see if you reduced any waist size after this diet. If yes, then you have indeed lost some fat. If not, then it was all water.

So, you are bound to get it back almost immediately (like in 1-2 weeks).

The only benefit that I think you can draw from GM diet is the change of eating behavior and control that you exercise on your mind and body.

As per my experience, if you STOP eating fried (oily foods – no butter, no ghee, no oil) and refined SUGAR (the one you add in tea, halwa and found in cookies, cakes etc.), you will be able to see an immediate drop in your weight after this diet. And this weight loss would be stable since it will be loss of fat from your body.

17. I care
    I care 6 Aug, 15 at 11:02 pm

I finished the diet 5 days ago and lost 5.2kg, in 5 days i have gained back 3kg from eating normal and i am not a big eater. I walk and do yoga so i have not been laying around doing nothing. I do not recommend this diet as it is not a quick fix to lose weight and the weight will come back on after it.

Anil Gupta 6 Aug, 15 at 11:17 pm

Yes, that’s true.
      Even I got the weight back immediately.

As I have already shared in the update above, it is all water weight and would come back if you return to normal food eating.

• I care
        I care 6 Aug, 15 at 11:39 pm

Now im almost back to square 1, i dont recommend doing it thats for sure. I only wish i knew this would happen before i went and did it.

18. Surg Mcq
    Surg Mcq 26 Jul, 15 at 5:26 pm

What are the ways to adapt to this kind of diet in the 1st few days and how to tide over the hunger pangs initially?

Anil Gupta 27 Jul, 15 at 1:48 pm

There is no sure shot way. Everything is controlled by mind. Convince your mind.
      Next, stay away from food or its smell as far as possible. Do not BUY food stuff that you want to avoid during this diet.

If you do not have the food stuff in refrigerator or at home, things will be pretty easy. Remember, its more of a mind game than hunger.
      You need to trick your mind to think that you have enough calories (energy) stored in your body to keep your body up and running for couple of days.

The stomach adapts to your mind. If you can pass first two days of this diet, you will realize that the third day is pretty easy as your stomach would have reduced its size and it won;t ask for food that often.

19. Red Raselom
    Red Raselom 30 May, 15 at 4:18 am

I beg to disagree with this one. My former weight is 90 kg before I started this. In one summer, I did this with light exercise every morning. I lost 17 kg.

Now, two years later, I only gained 2 kg. I still eat a lot and exercise a little.

Anil Gupta 31 May, 15 at 4:24 am

Hi Red,
      Good to hear that you have been able to maintain the lost weight. For me, it was not possible and I got it back within couple of weeks.

20. greg
    greg 23 May, 13 at 4:03 pm

hi read your post n congrats for the first trial. I guess u did this GM diet long ago, so my question is how have u been since then?? I mean after doing this and after that eating normally but in a controlled manner how is your weight now?? Did u gained weight or just stuck nearby ??

Anil Gupta 24 May, 13 at 12:28 am

Hi Greg,
      Unfortunately, i have gained all the weight back as i did not exercise any control whatsoever after the diet. Also, I think even if you control and keep your food intake strict within limits, you will gain back at-least 40% of the weight back very quickly. This is because you will be eating carbohydrates and fats which will push the weight upwards.
      Also, we try a lot of recipes at home and it is pretty difficult for me to control myself!
      But, the whole story is that i did lose weight temporarily. If you can seriously control yourself after completing the diet (7 days) and focus on more protein rich food items, you will definitely benefit in the long run as well. This diet plan actually gives you the initial boost that you need. What happens after than is entirely in your own hands.
      Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
      Anil

• Anirudh
        Anirudh 24 May, 13 at 6:47 am

Anil thanks for sharing your experience. Today is my 7th day i have lost around 4.5 kgs and i want to loose more. Can i repeat the Diet? If yes can i start it again from tomorrow?
        Also any tips to not gain back the lost weight would be helpful.

Anil Gupta 24 May, 13 at 2:34 pm

Hi Anirudh…
          its great to hear that you have lost 4.5 Kgs. It is really commendable.
          I would strongly recommend to NOT start the diet again before 3 months have passed. The diet is quite strict and this sudden weight loss may result in some side effects if you continue with it.
          I would say that try to maintain this weight for at least 2 months and in the process of controlling more eating, you would certainly see more weight loss but with slow speed.
          4.5 kgs loss in a week is certainly commendable and you have hit the fish’s eye right in the middle! Enjoy..

• pankaj
            pankaj 2 Dec, 14 at 4:22 pm

hi Anil. you told that its a short term weight loss but what i feel is ” To keep the lamp burning, you need to put oil in it”. Its about daily efforts, day in and day out.

Anil Gupta 2 Dec, 14 at 4:30 pm

yes Pankaj, I agree. I did try to re-ignite the lamp and have been able to keep it burning since then…

Here are the details of my recent successful attempt to lose 23 pounds..

• pankaj
            pankaj 11 Dec, 14 at 5:16 am

Oh, thats great. Wl gt back to you if i have any questions about my diet. Thanks

Anil Gupta 11 Dec, 14 at 3:30 pm

You are welcome.

• sumeeta
            sumeeta 17 Feb, 15 at 7:09 am

Hi, I am currently 102 kgs and I would want to do the diet atleast twice in each month..do u think i can lose 20 to 25 kgs with GM Diet?

Anil Gupta 17 Feb, 15 at 1:02 pm

To be very frank, GM diet does not help you lose fat. The weight loss that we see if n 7 days is 90% water.

As soon as you stop GM diet, the weight comes back immediately.

I would suggest to do dieting with exercise as thats the only thing that helped me lose 10 KGS. I had also tried all the other diets but nothing worked.

• M.Ahmed
            M.Ahmed 13 Dec, 15 at 11:41 am

Greetings Anil
            I am 45yrs old and my current weight is 100kg.Shall I start 1200 calories diet plan?
            after 1st week finish than shall I repeat same menu for next week?
            As I know tea should be without sugar and milk but can I use 0 calorie sweetener or tablet in tea?
            What is GM?
            While I am in diet then what else I can eat if I am very much…..hungry?.
            If first week I lose say 5kg in first week then shall I lose another 5kg in next week?
            Thanks
            M.Ahmed

Anil Gupta 14 Dec, 15 at 2:53 pm

Hi M.Ahmed,

You can start the 1200 calorie plan. But, you should also watch your appetite to see if you need a bit more calories than 1200.

You will realize it within a week if you watch your weight and calories you are eating, carefully.

You can add sweetener but i would not recommend it. It is made up of chemicals. Hence, try to avoid it as much as possible.

I don’t know what GM really stands for. Some people say it ‘General Motors’ but, I can’t confirm it.

Eat a fruit or a low calorie option like Fat-free milk (called double toned in India). No fat or Sugar is the thumb rule, in case you are feeling really hungry.

There is no fixed formula for losing weight. Remember, this GM diet helps you lose WATER weight from your body and that’s precisely the reason you lose 4-5 Kgs in a week. The real weight loss (and sustainable) happens when you lose FAT. And FAT needs to be burned by exercising or eating less calories.

If you see my update in above article, I got the lost weight back within a month. This is the harsh reality.

Then, I really did exercise and controlled my diet for 90 days to lose the FAT. Here are the details of that experience:

• pallavi vethekar
            pallavi vethekar 4 Feb, 16 at 12:38 pm

Hi Anil,
            I try G M diet today is my 6 th day, but when i complete my 7 day on 8th day what should i start in breakfast,lunch,dinner.
            Is there any specific plan .
            Please tell me.

Anil Gupta 4 Feb, 16 at 1:49 pm

There is nothing specific about what you should eat. You can return to your normal diet. But, since your body had adapted to no-sugar and no-oil food, it would be best to continue with it.
            I mean food like Dal, Sabzi, Roti, Brown Rice, Eggs (if you can eat), Fat free Paneer, Tofu and fruits should be part of your meal.

Keep the Sugar out of your each food/beverage intake and you will see the weight reduction.