Its a mixed feeling this morning of GM diet day 5. Half happy and half sad. Happy to have reached the 5th day in my resolution and sad to only have lost only 1.7 kgs by GM diet Day 4.
I hope this figure is different by the end of day 7.
Its the first day in diet when I can eat something other than fruits or vegetables.
The important part today is to eat more of Protein and fiber along with extra amount of water.
GM diet Day 5 Beef/ (ChickPeas or Rice) + Tomato + EXTRA water
- No chicken
Veg options to substitute Beef (in the order of preference starting from Soyabean as most preferred):
- Beans (Chickpeas, Red Kidney beans etc.)
- Egg whites (Some vegetarians can eat Eggs). Ignore if you don’t eat eggs.
- Dal/Lentil soup (without oil/cream)
- Paneer (Eat only if you can’t eat anything else and that too made with skim milk)
- Avoid Corn. Eat only if you have no other option.
The original diet only mentions about the Beef but vegetarians can go for the above options. I will be following the Indian vegetarian choices.
Breakfast 10 AM
1 medium size bowl of boiled Chick Peas with 1 raw tomato. Added a pinch of turmeric powder and Salt.
1 Glass Lemon water.
Lunch 2 PM
1 plate of boiled white rice with a small bowl of boiled chick peas again. 1 glass of Lemon water.
I think eating rice should be avoided here as it contains Starch. I decided to eat it as I read it on-line that vegetarians have opted for it in place of hamburger.
1 glass of Lime water (No sugar and no Salt added).
Evening Snacks 5 PM
I was feeling full so i did not eat anything in the evening snacks.
But, you can certainly go for another type of beans..may be boiled gram lentil.
Dinner 8.30 PM
1/2 medium size bowl full of boiled chick peas again with 1 raw tomato.
GM Diet Day 5 Analysis
- End of GM diet day 5 is giving a bit of a feeling of loss of energy which I had not felt till now. I hope it is melting down my extra fat. No weight measuring today.
- Had 14 glasses of water.
Lets jump on to GM diet Day 6 and the second last mile.