Instant Besan Dhokla – Khaman in Microwave [Video]
Instant Besan Dhokla primarily belongs to Gujrati cuisine but is equally famous in North India also. Don’t worry if you do not have Microwave, we have the recipe for making the Besan Dhokla in cooker too.
If you are the one who cooks more frequently using a microwave, you will simply love this easiest recipe to make besan dhokla in straight 4 minutes.
This will prove to be a great snack if you have guests coming in at short notice.
Instant Besan Dhokla In Microwave Recipe In Words
Yield: 8-10 medium pieces of Dhokla
- 1 Cup Gram Flour
- 1/2 Cup thick and unsweetened Curd
- 1/4 Cup Water (to make batter)
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Finely chopped Green Chili
- 1 Tsp ENO or Fruit Salt(Do keep in mind that you need unflavored ENO)
- 1 Tsp Ginger paste
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 Tsp chopped Coriander Leaves or to taste.
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 4 Green Chilies cut from the center
- 10-15 Curry Leaves
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- Add Gram Flour, Curd and 1/4 Cup Water (half quantity of total water) in a bowl. Mix it well to remove all lumps.
- Mix it for 2-3 min. and then add rest of the ingredients: Ginger, Salt, Turmeric & Green Chili. Mix well.
- Add 1 Tsp Sugar and mix well. Add 1 Tbsp Oil and mix well again. Batter is ready. Lets get the dhokla dish/pan ready.
- Grease the dish/pan so that the Dhokla does not stick to the bottom or any corner of the dish.
- Add the ENO (fruit salt) in the batter and mix it. We need to immediately transfer the batter into the greased pan after mixing it.
- Transfer the batter into our greased pan. Do remember to fill up only 75% (height) of the pan. Mixture will grow substantially in its volume and become fluffy. Dhokla dish is now ready to go into Microwave.
- Keep it in microwave for 4 min on high power.
- Take out the dhokla from Microwave after 4 minutes.
- Slice the Dhokla into square or rectangular shaped pieces before making the seasoning. Mark horizontal and vertical cuts. You can keep the size of your Dhokla slices as per your choice.
- Start with the seasoning: Heat 1/2 Tbsp Oil in a pan on high flame. Add Mustard seeds and wait for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, turn the stove to medium flame. Now add Green chili, Curry Leaves & Coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Add a cup of Water and 2 Tsp Sugar. Mix well.
- Turn the stove on high flame and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- After 3 min., switch off the stove. Now directly transfer the seasoning on to the Dhokla pieces.
- Spread all over the pieces so that each piece gets to taste the seasoning and become fluffy. Keep dhokla aside for 10 minutes. This will help the seasoning settle down and reach all the corners of dhokla.
- After 10 minutes, Besan Dhokla is absolutely ready to enlighten your evening. Enjoy it with coffee or hot tea! Enjoy.
Would you like to accompany Dhokla with some Khasta Matar Kachori? I am sure your guests would be delighted with the combination!
Also, we have the recipe for making besan dhokla in a cooker if you do not have the microwave with you.