If you have been following us, then you probably know that we tested many new recipes this Navratri. The primary reason was the 9 day fast that my husband observed. The recipes may not be new for you, but were certainly new for my husband as he never ate them before.
It is my pleasure to share the recipes here with you and i hope you will also like to try them in next Navratri days.
Today’s recipe is a famous Paneer dish and is commonly known as Paneer Bhurji. We modified it according to a fast (vrat) specifications and tried to add more weight to it by adding dry fruits and roasting the Paneer a bit to provide enough nutrients and energy to survive the whole day of fast.
Navratri Special Paneer Bhurji Recipe In Words
Yield: 1 Small Bowl (good for 1 person)
- 1 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Cottage Cheese (Paneer) crumbled
- 1/4 cup Puffed Lotus Seeds (Makhane)
- 7 Cashew Nuts
- 15 Raisins
- 1 Chopped Green Chili
- 3 Almonds (soaked, peeled & chopped)
- 1/4 Tsp Sendha Salt
- 3 Pinch Black Pepper Powder
- 4 Tsp Pure Ghee/Desi Ghee
- Heat 2 Tsp Desi Ghee in a pan on medium flame. Add Makhane and fry.
- Fry on low flame until they become light golden brown in color.
- Add cashew nuts in the same pan and roast until they change their color to light brown.
- Heat 2 Tsp of Desi Ghee again in the pan.
- Add chopped Green Chili and mashed Cottage Cheese, mix well.
- Add Salt & Black Pepper powder, mix well again.
- Once you see, Water is vanished from the Cheese, add Dry Fruits (Almonds, Cahsew nuts, Lotus Seeds. Mix well.
- Keep the stove on low flame and cook it for 1 minute. Stir ocassionaly.
- Add Raisins and mix well.
- Paneer Bhurji is ready to serve. Make sure that there is no excess water in it.
- If there is any water, let it evaporate completely and then switch off the stove.
- Enjoy your Navratri with this Paneer Bhurji. Thanks for being with inHouseRecipes.