Rava Idli - Suji - Semolina Recipe [Video]
Rava Idli is a healthy breakfast from South Indian cuisine. Suji is used as main ingredient. Steam in a cooker to have quick breakfast. Low in calories.
- 1 Cup Semolina
- 1/2 Cup Curd (Yogurt)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Fruit Salt Eno - a brand sold in India
- 2 Tsp Oil
- In a big bowl, add Semolina and Salt. Mix well.
- Heat 2 tsp Oil in a pan. Fry Mustard Seeds in oil.
- Once fried, add them in the Semolina Batter bowl.
- Now its time to grease the idli stand. Use 1 tsp Oil to grease the idli stand with the help of your fingers.
- Put 500 ml Water in pressure cooker and switch on the stove on high flame.
- Add Curd and 3/4 cup water gradually to make a smooth batter.
- Now add Eno and mix well.
- Immediately put the batter in the idli stand without fail.
- Keep the stove on high flame and cover the lid of the cooker and remove the whistle weight.
- Cook for ten minutes on high flame.
- After 10 min., check the idli readiness with a knife.
- Poke the knife in the center if it comes out clean that means idli is really.
- Switch of the stove and take out the idli from Idli stand.
- Serve the hot Rava Idli with Sambhar or any chutney of your choice.
Serve Rava Idli hot with Coconut Chutney. We do not recommend preserving it in refrigerator as it would make it hard and would not taste good while chewing.
Calories: 64kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 104mgPotassium: 49mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 5IUVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 0.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!