Indian Coconut Nariyal Chutney Recipe
- 1 Number Coconut Fresh white portion
- 3 Tbsp Split Yellow Gram Chana Dal
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 5 Number Dry Red Chili Stick
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp White Salt
- 3/4 Cup Curd (Yogurt)
- 2 Inch Ginger
- 1 Number Onion Small Size
- 1 Number Green Chili
- Grate the Coconut and keep it aside for later use.
- Roast chana dal in a pan on medium flame until it turns light golden brown on color.
- When it turns golden brown, switch off the stove.
- Add the grated coconut and roasted Dal in a grinder jar along with Green chili, Salt, Onions(in pieces) and Ginger (in pieces).
- Add 1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) of curd only and grind it along with the rest of the ingredients to make a smooth paste.
- We will keep the left over curd for later use. After checking the consistency of the Coconut chutney we will add it if required.
- After grinding keep it aside for later use.
- Now we will make a Tadka for our Coconut Chutney. Take a pan, add oil and heat it for 30 seconds on high flame.
- Once oil is hot, add Mustard seeds.
- Add Dry Red Chili after 15 seconds. Cook for another 15 seconds and switch off the Stove. The Chutney Tadka is ready.
- Add the Tadka immediately to the Coconut chutney and mix well.
- Add the left over curd to lighten the thickness of chutney. Mix well.
- Coconut Chutney is ready to enjoy with Dosa, Vada, Idli or with anything you like.
Calories: 1358kcalCarbohydrates: 100gProtein: 30gFat: 102gSaturated Fat: 67gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 2782mgPotassium: 632mgFiber: 26gSugar: 44gVitamin A: 450IUVitamin C: 80.9mgCalcium: 330mgIron: 5.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!