Gobi Gajar Achar (Cauliflower and Carrot Pickle) with Rai is quite a famous pickle in India. It is eaten with Paratha and chapati and is considered good for health and digestion.
It is pretty easy to make at home and this is what my mom is trying to explain in this video. I hope you would like it.
By the way..my mom is known as home made pickle expert in her colony!! She has indeed share some of her tried and tested Achar recipes with us like mango pickle and Lemon pickle. I hope you would like her effort and would try the home based pickle recipes.
Gobi Gajar Achar Recipe Video In Hindi
Gobi Gajar Achar Recipe In Words
Yield: 1/2 Kg Gobi Gajar Achar
- 150 Gms Cauliflower
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Red Mustard Seeds Powder
- Wash the vegetables and keep aside to dry.
- Now chop the Cauliflower in small pieces. keep it aside.
- Peel the skin of Carrots and chop them in small thin long pieces. This will make them soft and tender quickly while they are in the process of softening.
- Add the chopped Cauliflower and Carrots in a big bowl.
- Now add Salt, Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, Red Mustard Seeds Powder and Mustard Oil. Mix them all together.
- Once done, pour the Achar in an air tight glass or food grade container.
- Shake it well. Keep the pickle in direct sunlight for at-least 2-3 days for softening.
- After 3 days in direct sunlight, Gobi and Gajar would have softenened. The home made pre and hygienic achar is ready to serve. You can enjoy it with Paratha/Roti or Rice.
Recipe Recipe In English