Mango Pickle Aam ka Achar Recipe at Home
- 1/2 kg Raw Mango called Ramkela Aam in Hindi
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dry Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Black Cumin Black-caraway OR Nigella OR Kalonji
- 2 Tbsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf) Saunf
- 500 Gms Mustard Oil Sarson Oil
- We need Ramkela Mango for this recipe for best results. You can use other type of mangoes too in this recipe but we recommend using the Ramkela mango. Normally, it is available in end of June or start of July in India. Also, it is pretty difficult to find this mango in USA or UK by this name 'Ramkela'. So, the easy way out is to use any raw (the green color) mango for this recipe.
- Wash the Mango and dry it in sunlight. Cut it in small pieces.
- Take out the seed from the mango and keep the seed aside. We do not need the seed in our recipe.
- Take a pan/tray and add mango pieces in it. Add Salt, Red Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder, Fenugreek Seeds, Kalongi, Fennel Seeds (Saunf).
- Now, add 1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) of Mustard Oil and mix everything well. Save the remaining mustard oil for using up later in the recipe.
- Mango pickle mixture is ready. it now needs to go through the slow and low heating process to soften and get ready for eating.
- Take any glass based jar or a plastic jar and add this mango mixture in it.
- Keep it in direct Sun light for 2 days.
- After 2 days, heat up the remaining Mustard Oil. No need to boil it up. Just a bit of heating is required for about 3 minutes on high flame. What we do is, observe the smoke. Once we start getting the smoke from oil, we switch off the stove.
- Once done, keep the oil aside and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Once it cools down, add it in the pickle jar. Make Sure all of your Mango pieces are completely dipped it Oil at this point.
- Now keep this jar anywhere in your kitchen for at-least 15 days. We are assuming that you are doing this in summer time. If it is winter, you would need to keep the jar in direct sunlight for 2-3 hours everyday for 15 days.
- After the total of 17 days, Mango pickle would be ready to consume. Enjoy.
Calories: 1230kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 3gFat: 127gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 27gMonounsaturated Fat: 75gSodium: 2877mgPotassium: 417mgFiber: 5gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 1050IUVitamin C: 65.2mgCalcium: 70mgIron: 4.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!