Til ladoo or commonly known as Til Bhugga in Punjabi is really a great dish which everybody in the house waits to eat. Come winters and comes sweet delights in North India.It is made with Sesame seeds which have an intrinsic property of providing warmth to your body.Sugar and Khoya add to the taste and nobody can explain the feeling when the ladoo just melts in your mouth with a finishing touch of sesame seeds.It is generally made on the occasion of Sakranti in January.
- 50 gms Cashew Nuts Kaju
- 50 gms Raisins Kishmish
- Cut Cashew nuts into small pieces and keep aside for use later.
- Take a pan and add Sesame seeds (Til). Roast them on medium flame until they turn light golden brown.
- After about 5 min., Sesame seeds (Til) will be roasted. Keep them aside for cooling down at room temperature.
- Sesame seeds are done. Cut Khoya/Mawa into small pieces.
- Take a pan and heat it. Add Khoya/mawa for roasting on medium flame. Roast until it turns light golden brown.
- Khoya has turned light golden brown. Switch off the gas and keep it aside for cooling down at room temperature.
- Sesame seeds have cooled down. Grind them in a grinder. Remember that we do NOT need to make a powder of Sesame seeds. There should be fine pieces of seeds visible after grinding.
- Take a big pan. Add Sesame seeds and crushed Sugar. Crush the lumps if there are any in the sugar.
- Add Raisins, Cashew Nut pieces and roasted Khoya (the one we roasted above). Mix well.
- Til Ladoo mixture is ready. Now, the only thing remaining is to give them shape. Take small portion and roll it with both hands to give a round ball shape. This round ball will be called the Til Ladoo.
- You can make around 30-35 Til ladoo with this mixture. They are delicious and awesome to taste along with their warmth in winter. Happy Sakranti.
10 min Prep
15 min Cook
Yield 30 number
Til Ladoo Recipe- Til Bhugga- Tilkut- Sesame Ladoo
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1489 Calories from Fat 432
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48g 74%
Saturated Fat 14g 70%
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Cholesterol 42mg 14%
Sodium 216mg 9%
Potassium 433mg 12%
Total Carbohydrates 246g 82%
Dietary Fiber 11g 44%
Protein 26g 52%
Vitamin A 9%
Vitamin C 1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.