Sandwich Dhokla Recipe - Made With Sooji
Sandwich dhokla with Rava is a delicious instant snack for the tea time. Make Khaman in cooker, slice it at center and stuff Chutney to make a sandwich.
- 1 Cup Semolina Suji / Sooji
- 1 Tbsp Gram Flour Besan
- 1/2 Cup Curd (Yogurt) Thick and unsweetened Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Water To make batter
- 2 Tsp White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Tsp White Salt
- 1 Tsp Green Chili Finely chopped into small pieces
- 1 Tsp Fruit Salt (Eno) Unflavored ENO - A brand name from India
- 1 Tsp Ginger paste
- 2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 3 Tsp Green Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) Chopped
- 5/2 Tsp White Sugar
- 4 Number Green Chili Slit at center to divide in 2 pieces vertically
- 15 Number Curry Leaves
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Green Coriander Chutney Coriander or Mint
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Tomato Sauce Sweet
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Grated
- Take a bowl. Add Semolina, Gram Flour, Curd and 1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Water. Mix it well to remove all lumps. We need a dropping consistency of batter, so if required add more water to get the right consistency.
- After mixing it for 2-3 min., add rest of the ingredients: Ginger, Salt, Turmeric & Green Chili. Mix well.
- Add 2 Tsp Sugar and mix well. Add 1 Tbsp Oil and mix well again.
- Batter is ready. Now we need to grease the dish so that the Dhokla does not stick to the bottom or any corner of the dish.
- Take an aluminium bowl. Grease it with oil completely from inner side. This will make sure that Dhokla does not stick to the bowl. Keep the bowl aside.
- Add 1 tsp of fruit-salt ENO is the substitute for fruit salt and is easily available in India in the batter and mix well.
- Batter is now fluffy and soft. Mix well and transfer it to a greased aluminium bowl immediately after adding fruit-salt/ENO. This mixture is now ready for going into cooker.
- Lets prepare cooker for making Dhokla. Fill 25% of pressure cooker with water and place 1 small half filled with water again bowl inside it.
- Place the Dhokla’s aluminium bowl above the small bowl and cover the lid of the pressure cooker do not put weight/whistle on the lid.
- Keep the stove on high flame and steam the Dhokla for 8-10 minutes.
- After 5 min., check that all water has not evaporated. If this happens, add 2 cups of water again.
- After 10 min., Sooji Dhokla would be ready.
- Separate the Dhokla from the corners of the bowl, with the help of a knife. The Sooji Dhokla is ready now. It now needs the Sugar seasoning and we are going to start making it in next step.
- Before going to make seasoning, we need to cut it in slices so that we can directly transfer the sugar seasoning all over it.
- Mark vertical cuts to separate Dhokla into various pieces. You can keep the size of your Dhokla slices as per your choice. Once you have pieces, slice a cut horizontally to divide each piece into two. This will help us make a sandwich out of each piece.
- Now to start with Sugar seasoning, add a cup of Water and 2-1/2 Tsp Sugar. Mix well.
- Turn the stove on high flame and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 min., switch off the stove. Now directly transfer the seasoning on to the Dhokla pieces. Spread it all over the pieces so that each piece gets to taste the seasoning and become fluffy. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Sooji Dhokla is now ready. You can either eat it right away or continue to our final goal in next steps
- For making the Dhokla Sandwich: After 10 minutes, apply the Green Sauce on top of the lower piece of Dhokla. Remember the two portions that you created in above steps for each bigger pie of Dhokla?
- Keep the other piece of dhokla on top to complete the definition of sandwich. Apply Tomato sauce on top of the upper dhokla piece.
- We now need to make mustard seasoning. Heat 1/2 Tbsp Oil in a pan on high flame. Add 2 tsp Mustard seeds and wait for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, turn the stove to medium flame. Add Green chili, Curry Leaves & 2 Tsp Coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Now, immediately pour this seasoning mix on top of the sandwich dhokla. Don’t worry about the tomato sauce on the face of sandwich. Just pour it.
- Now sprinkle 1 Tsp of Coriander Leaves and grated coconut on top of the Sandwich Dhokla.
- Sandwich Dhokla is now ready to serve. Accompany it with hot tea or coffee and i am sure it will make your evening a one to remember.
Calories: 334kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 11gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 457mgPotassium: 244mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 600IUVitamin C: 42.1mgCalcium: 50mgIron: 1.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!