Masala Corn Idli Recipe - Healthy Breakfast - Video
Masala Corn Idli is a recipe which combines the flavors of North Indian tadka with South Indian Idli. Great for eating as snack at tea time or breakfast.
- 8 Numbers Idli Semolina or Rice
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper Sliced
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Sweet Corns Boiled
- 2 Tsp Curry Leaves Dry or fresh
- 3 Number Green Chili Sliced
- 1 Tsp Sambar Masala
- 2 Number Onion Small, Finely sliced into round shape
- 3/4 Tsp Mustard Seeds Red
- We are assuming that you already have cooked Idli with you. If not, please make the Idli now.
- Start by cutting each Idli into four small pieces. Cut them from the center horizontally and vertically to divide each Idli into 4 pieces.
- Heat Oil on high flame in a pan. Once Oil is hot, add red Mustard Seeds.
- Now add Onions, Curry Leaves and Green Chilies. Cook them on medium flame for 2 minutes or until Onions turn light pink in color.
- After 2 minute, add Capsicum and cook for a minute. You can add Red/yellow color Capsicum to make Idli more interesting and colorful.
- After a minute of cooking,add boiled Sweet Corns and Idli pieces. Mix them well.
- Once you mix them well, turn the stove to low flame. Now add Sambar masala and Salt. Mix well again.
- Cook it on low flame for a minute.
- Switch off the stove after a minute.
- Masala Corn Idli is ready to serve.
Enjoy it with any Sauce of your choice. It will taste even better with Salsa or Coconut chutney.
Calories: 169kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 6gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 864mgPotassium: 358mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1100IUVitamin C: 108.1mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 2.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!