What is your take on this? Drink water from tap or buy bottled one?
Well, If you thought that spending some extra bucks on bottled water is a better option, then the study from folks at The Story of Stuff, might surprise you.
And yes, do remember that this study is not applicable to India, drinking bottled water is always safer and better there. Off course there are no prizes for guessing, why!!
As per their study:
- Bottled water in USA is actually a filtered version of the tap water. All claims of sourcing the water from mountains (As depicted on their labels) are not true.
- Bottled water is less regulated than tap water.
- Bottled water costs approximately 2000 times more than the tap water.
- People in US buy almost half billion water bottles every week! These empty bottles are good enough to circle the whole globe more than 5 times!
- Bottled water is a perfect example of so called business strategy of ‘manufacturing demand’ when people have a better, cheaper and reliable product.
- The whole life cycle of bottled water is actually a threat to the environment.
After watching the reality of bottled water, Would you still like to spend your precious dollars or give your vote to saving environment? We would like to hear your thoughts in comments section.
Health Quick Tips