Make Naan In Cooker - without Tandoor
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour Maida
- 1/2 Cup Curd (Yogurt)
- 1/4 tsp Dry Yeast
- 1 Pinch White Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Soda Water Or use as required to knead dough
- Dissolve the Yeast in 2 Tsp warm Water.
- Take a big bowl, add All Purpose Flour, Curd, Salt, Sugar and Yeast Water. Mix well.
- We need to make a smooth and soft dough with this mixture. Use Soda water to knead the dough. The quantity of soda water is not fixed. You should use as much as it is required to make the dough. Do not add too much water.
The approximate quantity should be about 1/4 cup of soda water.
- NOTE: The video shows that we need to keep the dough over-night for fermentation. Waiting is NOT required as we found after doing multiple experiments. You can immediately start making Naan's as soon as you are ready with your dough.
- Once dough is ready, grease rolling pin and rolling pad with Oil.
- Now spread some Oil on your hands as well so that the dough does not stick to your hands.
- Heat the pressure cooker on high flame until it gets really hot.
- Take small amount of dough on your hands and make a round shaped ball.
- Now roll it with the help of rolling pin and make a oval shape Naan.
- Spread some water on one side of the naan so that it can stick to the cooker.
- Paste the wet side of the naan on the inner wall of the cooker. Let it cook on high heat.
- Once you see the bubbles on the lower side of the naan, turn cooker up side down.
- At this point, the inner side of cooker will accumulate all the heat from the flame and this will help the Naan cook on its top. Let it cook on high heat until Naan is perfectly cooked from the top.
- Once you see that its absolutely cooked, take it out with the help of a spatula.
- Apply some butter and Naan in Cooker is ready to enjoy.
Calories: 88kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 3gFat: 0.2gSaturated Fat: 0.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.01gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 86mgPotassium: 38mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 5IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 30mgIron: 0.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!