Chur Chur Paratha Recipe - Parathe Wali Gali - Video
Chur Chur Paratha is a popular fried dough from the streets of old delhi. Authentic recipe helps make paneer parota for serving in breakfast menu.
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour Dough To make 1 Paratha
- 1/4 Cup Paneer
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil For Cooking Parantha
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chili Powder As per your taste
- 1 Number Green Chili Chopped
- Mash Cottage Cheese Paneer in a bowl.
- Once done, add chopped Green Chilies, Salt and Red Chili Powder. Mix well.
- Now take enough Wheat flour dough for making of 1 chur chur paratha and give it a round shape with your hands. Coat it with dry wheat flour.
- Flatten this dough piece with the use of a rolling pin. Once done, add the Cheese paneer mixture at the center of flat bread. Cover this mixture from all sides by picking the flat bread’s sides.
- Make sure that there is NO open corner left to squeeze out the Cottage Cheese paneer.
- It has been closed from all sides. Now dip it again into the dry flour and roll it again into a round shaped chapati/flat-bread. Do not exert pressure else the filling might spill out of the packet.
- Keep it a bit thick, do not over-roll it. One rolling is done, we would move on to cooking it.
- Heat a pan on medium flame. Add the rolled flat-bread/chapati to the heated pan.
- To make this Paratha crispy, we are going use a bit more Oil than the normal paratha.
- After 30 seconds, you will see that the flat bread’s lower surface has hardered a bit. Now, it is time to flip it.
- After the flip, spread 2 tsp of Oil/Ghee on the flipped/visible surface of the paratha.
- After 20 seconds, flip it again. Now spread Oil/Ghee on this side of flat bread too. Keep on cooking by flipping and applying Oil/Ghee, till it becomes golden brown from both sides.
- Press the corners of the Paratha with spatula. Keep the stove on medium flame.
- When the paratha attains dark golden brown color, use a spoon to dig its skin at several places and make marks.
- Turn the flame on low. Flip it and make same marks on other side too.
- Switch Off the stove. The chur chur paratha is ready.
- Hold Paratha on an oil absorbent paper and crush it with both hands and place it carefully on serving plate. Chur Chur Paratha is served like this and that is why its presentation makes a difference.
- Enjoy it with any Vegatable/Raita/Sauce of your choice.
Calories: 450kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 21gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.004gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 600mgPotassium: 314mgFiber: 8gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1050IUVitamin C: 66.8mgCalcium: 420mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!