Chole Kulche Recipe - Delhi Style Chole - Video
- 3/2 Cup Dry Peas Called sookhi Matar
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Cup Tomato Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves Cilatro, Chopped
- 1 Cup Onion Chopped
- 2 Tsp Green Chili Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Mango Powder Amchoor
- 2 Tsp Chat Masala You can make it at home. Check Chat Masala recipe
- 2 Pinch Sweet Soda powder Meetha soda – Also called soda bicarbonate
- 750 Ml Water For boiling
- The first and foremost point to note here is about the main ingredient i.e. dry peas. They are not the normal peas that you get in fresh vegetable market. They are sold in dry form and you would find them on grocery store packed in a packet just like any other lentil.
- Soak the Dry Peas in water for about 6 hrs or Overnight. They will fluff and get double their size by morning. If you are not soaking them overnight, then keep a buffer of about 6 hours for preparation.
Boiling the dry peas next morning or after 6 hours
- Add dry Peas, 750 ml water, 1/2 Tsp Salt, 3 Pinch Meetha Soda and Turmeric Powder in a cooker. Mix well and close the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Switch ON the stove on high flame. We need to bring it to a boil. In other words – wait until you get 1 whistle.
- After a whistle, turn the stove on low flame and let it cook for about 10 min.
- After 10 minutes, switch off the stove.
- Note: Do not open the cooker lid till it has steam in it.
- Once all the steam has vanished on its own, open the cooker lid.
Making Chole for serving – The way you have seen on street side stall
- Mash boiled chole a bit with the help of a spatula. This helps in getting the curry a bit of thickness. If you want you can skip this step, but it would leave the water and chole divorced.
- Now, take Chole out in a big bowl.
- Add chopped Onion, Tomato, Green Chili and Mango Powder, Chat Masala and chopped fresh Coriander Leaves. Mix well.
- Add the left over Salt and Lemon juice. Mix well once again.
- You can more add Salt and chat masala if you feel the need as per your taste anytime before serving.
- Well, we are done. Chole are absolutely ready to serve with Kulche or paratha. Eat and re-live the street side hunger with with better ingredients and hygienic preparations. Enjoy.
- Isn’t it easy to make them fresh at home? You can also make awesome Punjabi Chole to go with Bhature also at home with the same ease.
Calories: 339kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 14gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 1517mgPotassium: 1046mgFiber: 15gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 1350IUVitamin C: 69.3mgCalcium: 70mgIron: 2.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!