Chashni Recipe - 1 String Sugar Syrup - 1 Taar ki Chashni
Chashni meaning in english is Sugar Syrup. Make one string thick Chashni with tried and tested recipe video and pictures for Indian recipe like Gulab Jamun.
- 2 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Number Green Cardamom Choti Elaichi - Optional
- 2 Cup Water
Grind Cardamom Preparation Time: 2 minutes
- Using Cardamom is optional. We recommend using it.
Peel the Cardamom to bring out the seeds. Crush or grind using a grinder seeds to make a powder. We used the rolling pin Belan to do it. Its fast and easier than grinding small quantity.
If you have the ready-made Cardamom powder, you can skip this step.
Boiling Sugar Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Take a pan big enough to hold the water and sugar together. Switch on the stove on high flame. Add Water and Sugar. Mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, add cardamom powder.
- Now we need to cook it on low flame until it becomes a 1 string Sugar syrup.
- After 20 minutes of cooking on low flame, our 1 string Sugar syrup should be ready.
Check Chashni Consistency Thickness
- Take 2 drops of syrup between your index finger and thumb.
- Open the index finger and thumb opposite to each other and you will see a string of syrup coming up. The string’s thickness will define its 1 or 2 string consistency.
- If the string is too light, it won’t make any string at all.If it is showing up 1 string, then it is called 1 string consistent Sugar syrup.
- If it shows up 2 strings, then it would be called as 2 string consistent Sugar syrup.
- You will be able to see the string within your fingers.
- If you want 2 string Sugar syrup than cook it for another 5 minutes. Than check again with the same method.
- Sugar Syrup is ready. You can use it in any recipe of your choice.
- Chashni can be preserved in refrigerator for 10-12 days.
- You can re-heat it before using as an ingredient in any other recipe. Using a stove and heating for 3 minutes on high flame before using is the best method.If you are in hurry or do not have stove, use Microwave.
Calories: 780kcalCarbohydrates: 201gProtein: 0.2gFat: 0.1gSaturated Fat: 0.01gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.01gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.02gSodium: 5mgPotassium: 26mgFiber: 1gSugar: 200gVitamin C: 0.8mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 0.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!