30 min Prep
11 min Cook
Yield 3 Cups Cooked Boiled/Steam Rice (Good for 4 people)
Boiled Rice In Microwave Recipe [Video]
Amount Per Serving
Calories 102 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.2g 0%
Saturated Fat 0.1g 1%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g
Sodium 189mg 8%
Potassium 27mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 22g 7%
Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1%
Protein 2g 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Washing and Soaking the Basmati rice (Optional)
- Washing the white rice is recommended as they are the polished version of brown rice. Polishing is done to make the rice grain look shiny and whitish.
- Wash rice and drain the water until you see the near-clear water.
- Although you can skip the soaking part, it is highly recommended especially for Basmati rice.Soak them for 30 minutes to get best rice grain length.
- After 30 minutes, drain the water.
Boiling rice in Microwave
- We need a microwave safe bowl to start the process. It should be big enough to contain the rice with water and still have 30% of space left.
- Add 2 cup water and rice in the bowl.
As a general rule, we use 2 cups of water for each cup of rice.
- Keep it in microwave for 11 minutes. There is no specific temperature that you can generally set up in a microwave. It should be on high, if there is any such option in your microwave.
- After 11 minutes, take out the bowl from microwave. White rice is now ready to serve hot.
Storage and Serving Suggestions
- Keep the rice covered with a lid until served. It helps in retaining the moisture and keep rice grain soft and tender.
- Rice can be refrigerated for up-to 3 days for best taste and results.
- You can re-heat the rice in microwave before serving.