Cook Rice In Open Pan or Vessel - Boiled Rice Recipe - Video
Cook rice in open pan or vessel with this tried and tested recipe. Cook white basmati rice for 15 minutes on gas stove to get boiled or steamed rice.
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
Preparing Basmati Rice
- We are specifically cooking the Basmati rice and they need a bit of preparation time with water.
- Wash the Rice in running water for at-least 2 times i.e. pour water, use hands to wash the rice grains and then drain. Repeat this process twice to get rid of the white polish usually found on Basmati rice.
- Soak these rice in water for at-least 30 minutes. All rice should be completely sub-merged.
- After 30 minutes, drain the water away.
Boiling Rice in Open Vessel
- Take a vessel or a pan with good amount of depth. Fill it 75% with Water and then add Rice.
- Turn the heat on high flame and bring it to boil. It would take about 5 minutes for the first boil.
- After a boil, turn the stove to low flame and let them cook until they the rice grains turn soft and tender.
- It would take about 10 minutes to reach the level of softness that we are waiting for.To check rice: Take some rice grains in a spoon and pinch them with your fingers. If they are mashed easily, you can assume they are ready. Else, let them stay on stove for another 5 minutes.
- If they are done, switch off the stove.
- It is possible that there is still some water left in the vessel with boiled rice. Drain the water using a Sieve.
- Boiled Rice also known as Steamed rice in restaurant menu are ready to serve.
- Boiled rice stay fresh for at-least a day as they retain moisture if kept covered with a lid.
- You can refrigerate the boiled rice and consume for up-to 3-4 days for best taste. They start to lose their moisture and grains start to harden with each day.
- Boiled rice are mostly served with curry rich Indian recipes like Dal Makhani or Kadi.
Calories: 305kcalCarbohydrates: 66gProtein: 6gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gSodium: 556mgPotassium: 82mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0.1gCalcium: 30mgIron: 2.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!