Amchoor Chutney Recipe – Imli Substitute – Video
Amchoor chutney is made with Mango powder. It is a substitute of Tamarind (Imli) chutney. Make it at home with our tried and tested recipe.
Maahi Gupta Updated 13 Jul, 22
Amchoor Chutney Recipe - Imli Chutney Substitute [Video]
Amchoor chutney is the closest substitute for Imli Chutney. Our kitchen normally has the Mango powder Amchoor ready stock and it the ease of making this doubles up the probability of using this over the Tamarind one.
- 3 Tbsp Mango Powder Amchoor
- 2 Cup Sugar
- 4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder Black
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder - Ground
- 1 Tsp Cumin powder Roasted
- Take a pan big enough to hold about a liter of chutney. Add water and Mango Powder.
- Keep it on high flame and wait for a boil.
- After a boil, turn the stove to low flame.
- Now add Sugar, Black Cardamom Powder, Red Chili Powder, Salt, Black Salt, Black Pepper Powder. Mix well. Sugar can be added as per your taste now.
- Let it cook on low flame for about 20 minutes. The idea is to let the chutney get a bit thick.
- Do stir it occasionally.
- After 20 minutes, add roasted Cumin Powder for flavor and aroma.
- Keep the stove on low flame and cook it for another 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, switch off the stove. The Amchoor Chutney is now ready to serve.
- Amchoor chutney needs to be refrigerated and can be used for up-to 2 months.
- The chutney has a sweet and sour taste. You can substitute it pretty much in every recipe where you are required to use Tamarind Imli chutney.
- We normally use it in Dahi Bhalla, Gol Gappe, Papri Chat, Aloo Tikki and Bread Pakoda Chat. The list is endless and is only restricted to your taste and imagination.
Calories: 1705kcalCarbohydrates: 439gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 4696mgPotassium: 280mgFiber: 3gSugar: 433gVitamin A: 350IUVitamin C: 10.7mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!