Sabudana khichdi Recipe – Tapioca Sago For Vrat [Video]
Sabudana khichdi or Poha is a great dish and is mostly eaten in Navratra Vrat.
We have used normal salt but if you are making it for Navratra Vrat, then you should use Sendha Salt (Namak).
Apart from being a main course food item in Vrat, It is a good breakfast snack for other normal days!
Sabudana Khichdi/Poha Recipe In Words
Yield: Sabudana Khichdi/Poha (For 2 people)
- 1 CupSabudana
- 3boiled Potato
- 1 Cuproasted Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tspCumin seeds
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 3/4 tspSalt
- 10Curry Leaves
- 2Green Chili
- 1 tspchopped Coriander leaves
- Soak Sabudana in water for 6 hrs. and then drain water.
- Finely chop boiled Potato and Green chili.
- Keep aside 2 tsp of Peanuts for later use and grind rest of the peanut into a fine powder.
- Add Sabudana and Peanut powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add Salt and mix well.
- Take a pan, add oil and heat it on medium flame.
- Add Cumin seeds and roast. Add Potato and Green chili and cook for 5 min. Cook on medium flame.
- After 5 min., add Curry leaves and Sabudana mixture and mix well.
- When Sabudana turns light golden brown. Switch Off the stove.
- Add 2 tsp Peanuts which we kept aside earlier, chopped Coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Sabudana Khichdi/Poha is ready. You can eat it in your Navratra Vrat also.