Dahi Wale Aloo is really an awesome recipe that I tried recently and it was the best i had in recent time. First trial and the dish was ready and guess what..it was liked by everybody.
We did not think even twice to make a video for it. Hence, Here is the complete process with each step in detail to watch. It is best enjoyed with Poori.
Dahi Wale Aloo Recipe Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Dahi Wale Aloo Recipe In Words
Yield: 1 Bowl of Dahi wale Aloo (good for 3 people)
- 250 gm very small size Potatoes
- 2 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Roasted Cumin Seed Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 Cup Thick Curd
- 2 Green Chilli
- 3 Tsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Lets boil the Potatoes first. Add 750 ml of Water in a pressure cooker. Make sure that all potatoes are completely submerged in water. If required, add more water.
- Cover the lid of the pressure cooker and keep it on high flame.
- After 1 whistle on high flame, turn the stove to low flame. Keep cooking for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, switch off the stove.
- Open the lid of the cooker and check whether Potatoes are properly boiled or not. Poke the knife in one of the Potato, if it goes in easily, it means your job is done. Else keep them again on high flame and wait for another whistle and then switch off the stove.
- Drain out water by keeping the Potatoes in a sieve. Peel the skin of Potatoes.
- Boiled Potatoes are ready, keep them aside for later use.
- Heat oil in a pan on high flame for about a minute
- Add Asafoetida and grated Ginger. Mix well and turn the stove to low flame.
- After 30 seconds, add Red Chili Powder and Turmeric Powder. Mix well.
- Add Salt and mix well. Keep the stove on low flame.
- Now add the Curd and mix well.
- Add roasted Cumin Seed Powder and Garam masala. Mix well and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Finely chop the green Chilies.
- Add potatoes along with chopped Green Chilies.Mix well.
- Cover the lid of the pan. Keep the stove on low flame and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix it occasionally so that gravy wraps itself on Potatoes.
- After 5 minutes, switch off the stove. Add chopped Coriander leaves.
- Enjoy delicious Dahi wale Aloo with Poori/naan/chapati/paratha.