Do you know that you can easily make Amla powder at home? Yes, the same Amla that is a well known natural substance which is good for Hair, eyes, digestion and off course high blood pressure. If consumed regularly, it can really benefit your health.
The advantage with Amla powder is that you can simply swallow it with water and you won’t even feel the sourness, that normally keeps you away from eating it regularly.
|Yield:||100 Gms Of Amla Powder|
- 50 Gms Dry Amla
- 50 Gms Mishri (Optional)(You can use regular Sugar or Sugar powder also)
- Grind dry Amla and Mishri separately into fine powder. If you are using Sugar, grind it to fine powder.
- Now, we need to mix Sugar with this powder. It the sole purpose of this powder is eating, mix Sugar or Mishri powder with Amla powder. Else, use Amla powder as it is.
- Amla powder is ready. Yes, it is really this simple.
- You can store it in an Air tight container for up-to 6 months.
Frequently asked questions
There are two ways you can use Amla powder for hair:
- Amla powder paste: Use the one with no Sugar mixed. Make a paste by adding warm water and then applying on your scalp. Let it dry and then wash it off with Shampoo.
- Drink Amla powder (the one with Sugar) with water. You can mix a tsp of Amla powder in a glass of warm water and drink every night. This certainly helps in growing your hair and making them stronger.
Yes, you can use dry Amla to make Punjabi Black Chole. This is our tried and tested recipe and you may want to give it a try.
Use the one with or without Sugar, your choice. Use 1 tsp of Amla powder with 1 cup of water.
Do NOT add Milk.
Add a tsp of tea leaves and bring it to a boil. After a boil, switch Off the stove and you are all set. Enjoy the Amla tea.
It is not possible to make Amla powder from fresh Amla. You can only extract its juice. You would need dry Amla (available in grocery stores) to make a powder yourself at home.
You can try to dry the Amla using traditional methods with sunlight, but it would be a long process.
Amla powder in its plain form is quite sour and you won’t be able to eat it raw unless you add the Sugar or Mishri. The best way to consume Amla powder is to swallow it with warm water.
Other methods off-course call for adding it as the souring agent in your recipe.
You can certainly substitute the Amchoor powder with Amla powder wherever the recipe calls for it.
Or if you want to consume fresh Amla instead of Amla powder, you can make this Amla Sabzi and eat it as pickle or side dish.
I hope this Amla powder will give you desired results and more importantly an option to make it a habit. Thanks for watching!!!