Soyabean Chap Sticks Curry Recipe - Protein Rich
Soyabean Chap is primarily a North Indian delight and is considered equivalent of a non-vegetarian dish. This recipe is for making Soyabean chap curry.
- 8 Number Soyabean Chaap Sticks You can’t make them at home. Get from market
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Tomato Paste You can use Tomato Puree or grind fresh tomato to fine paste
- 3/4 Cup Onion Grated Chopped into small pieces
- 2 Inch Ginger Grated
- 4 Number garlic Chopped
- 2 Number Black Cardamom
- 2 Number Green Chili Each 3 Inch in Length
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Red Food Color Optional - or use Degi Mirch - is a brand name from MDH masala company. Famous for giving out red color to the sabzi.
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt or To taste
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala Make authentic Garam Masala at home
- 1 Tsp Mango Powder Amchoor
- Ingredients for Soyabean chap.
- The soyabean chap sticks should be soaked in water for 6 hours before starting with this recipe. The ones you buy from market are generally pre-soaked by the vendor and are ready to use. If the ones you have is dry, you should soak them now.
Making the Tadka Cook time – 15 minutes
- Heat Oil in a pan on high flame for about a minute.
- After 1 minute, add black Cardamom and Cumin Seeds and let them cook for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, they would turn golden brown in color. Now, add Garlic and Ginger. Cook them for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, add chopped Onion. Mix well and let it cook.
- When Onion turns golden brown in color would take about 2-3 minutes, add Tomato and Green Chili paste. Mix well.
- Cook for about a minute on high flame and then add spices.
- Add Red Chili Powder, Mango Powder and Coriander Powder. Let it cook on high flame until Tomatoes appear to have separated from Oil.
- This step is optional. You can now add Deggi Mirch or Red food color to make it look more red in color, if you desire.
- Add Salt and Garam masala. Mix well and let it cook on low flame for about 2 more minutes.
- When you see Tomatoes separated from Oil, add Milk.
- Mix well and let it cook on low flame for another 2 minutes.
- Tadka is almost ready. It needs a bit of steamed cooking with the Soyabean Chap which is our next plan of action.
Cooking Soyabean Chap with Tadka Cook time – 5 minutes
- Mark cuts (using a knife) on Soyabean Chap sticks and add them in the Onion & Tomato gravy Tadka.
- Keep the stove on low flame and cover the pan. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, switch off the stove and sprinkle Coriander leaves.
- Soyabean Chap Sticks Curry is ready to serve hot. Enjoy.
Soyabean Chap Sticks Curry Recipe Video Part 2
- Soyabean Chap sticks are best enjoyed with Dal Makhni.
- You can refrigerate the Sabzi for up-to 3 days for best taste.
Calories: 889kcalCarbohydrates: 84gProtein: 94gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 0.3mgSodium: 982mgPotassium: 1011mgFiber: 14gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 1300IUVitamin C: 50.3mgCalcium: 90mgIron: 4.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!