Suji Pancakes Recipe - Sooji Ka Cheela
Sooji pancake is a fast breakfast with 90 calories. Add vegetables on top to make it healthy and make within 7 minutes. Suji ka cheela is an easy recipe.
- 1/2 Cup Semolina
- 1/2 Cup Water Approximate
- 1/4 Cup Curd (Yogurt)
- 1 Tbsp Oil or Depends on how much you like to use while cooking
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 Tsp Salt or To taste
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Onion
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Diced and then measured in cup
- 1 Number Green Chili
- 2 Tbsp Green Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/4 Tsp Fruit Salt Eno – An Indian brand name
Making Suji Paste Preparation Time: 2 Minutes
- Ingredients for suji pancake.
- First of all chop Tomato, Onion and Green Chili in small pieces as shown. Mix all three.
- Take a bowl and add Semolina (Suji). Add Curd and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water in Semolina to make a smooth paste.
- Add Garam masala, Red Chili powder and Salt. Mix Well.
- Suji might loose its consistency while mixing. If required, add some more water to bring to dropping consistency.
- The paste should neither be too thick nor too liquid. Maintain a dropping consistency.
- Suji paste is ready.
Cooking pancake or Cheela Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Take a flat base pan and heat it on high flame for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, spread 1 tsp of Oil on pan surface equally.
- At this time, the pan would be hot enough to start cooking. Add 1/4 tsp of Fruit salt or Eno to Suji paste and mix well. Once fruit salt is added, do not wait to make the pan cakes. The fruit salt helps fluuf the paste a bit and it is important to immediately start the next step.
- Turn stove to low flame and spread 3 tsp of batter on pan using a spoon. Try to add 3 tsp in one shot even if you have to use a bigger sized spoon.
Once you drop the paste, press it at the center with spoon and rotate in circle to form a round shaped flat-bread.
Do not overstretch. The circle should have a diameter of about 4 inches.
If your pan is big enough to hold more than 1 cake, you can certainly cook more simultaneously.
- Now spread onion, tomato and green chili mixture on top of Pan cake.
- Use a spatula to lift the pac-cake bottom to check, if it has turned golden brown from bottom. If it has, spread few drops 4-5 of Oil on top face with vegetables of pan cake.
- Now turn it over flip and cook from other side too.
- Once golden brown, it is ready.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and enjoy with Tomato sauce or green chutney (sauce).
- Sooji ka Cheela is best enjoyed with a hot drink like tea or coffee in breakfast.
- You can refrigerate them and re-heat in a microwave for 30 seconds before serving.
- You can also eat them like a sandwich. Just keep two pancakes on each other keeping their top inside. It tastes great like this too .
Calories: 128kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 5gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.002gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 202mgPotassium: 152mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 700IUVitamin C: 18.2mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 0.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!