inHouseRecipes set up is an article inspired by the questions of our guests and readers who want to know about the software and the hardware that we use to create content here at inHouseRecipes (Images/Videos/Text). Some of them were inspired and want to start their own food blog/website or a YouTube channel and some just wanted to know out of curiosity.
Software and Hardware That We Use To Run inHouseRecipes.com
- Web server host (Where site code resides): Amazon EC2
- Web Domain (the name inHouserecipes.com): Godaddy.com
- Web server OS (The Operating system): Windows IIS
- Web server Cache (For faster site loading): Amazon Cloudfront
- Web DNS (For faster site Name To IP address mapping): Amazon Route 53
- Web Blog software: WordPress For Windows
- Camera 1 for close Up: Panasonic V100M 42x Intelligent Zoom HD Camcorder with 16GB Built in Memory (Black)
- Camera 2 for distance shots: Canon EOS REBEL T4i 18.0 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 3-inch Touchscreen and Full HD Movie Mode (Body Only)
- Lens: Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Tripod for Camera (2 in number): Bower 72 Inch Tripod
- 5 Home Lamps (White color bulbs) for video Lighting.
Software for Video Editing
- Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12
- YouTube FREE background music
- Windows Movie maker – Comes free with windows
Software for Image editing
- Canon Digital Photo Editor – Free with Canon camera
- Fotor.com – Free Online Photo Editing service.
Software tools for Hindi Language writing
- Comment system on site: Disqus
Other Software That We Use For Productivity – Mostly Free Ones
- Evernote – For managing notes
- Google Drive – For cloud storage
- Google Apps – Google Document, Google Spreadsheets etc as a replacement for Microsoft Office.
Social Web Platforms for Promotion And Sharing
I will keep updating this article with the updates that we make to our software or hardware with time.
I hope this would have provided you a good insight into what we use to create those loving videos and delicious recipes.
We are certainly doing it at home and do not own a production studio. We would be glad if you are also a budding enthusiast who wants to start recording his/her own videos of anything and this information has helped you.
Do let us know your suggestions and feedback here in comments. We would also love to learn if you can help us with recording better videos and those production techniques.
Food Blogging Guide