Matar Korma Recipe - Video
Matar korma is a veg dish made by mixing spicy tadka, also called Kurma, with Matar as its main ingredient. You can add any vegetable or meat, if you like.
- 1/2 Cup Moong Dal Dhuli
- 1 Cup Peas Matar
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Number Tomato
- 1 Number Onion
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 1 Number Green Chili
- 1 Cup Water
- 5 Buds garlic
- 1 Number Bay Leaf Tej patta
- 2 Number Cloves Laung
- 2 Number Black Cardamom
- 1 Number Cinnamon Stick Dalchini
- Heat a pan and roast Moong Dal on low flame for about 10 min.
- No need to put any oil. Roast until it turns golden brown.
- Keep stirring occassionaly to avoid burns. Once done, keep aside for cooling.
- Cut onion in small pieces and grind in mixer grinder to make a paste.
- Cut tomato and Green Chili in small pieces and grind in mixer grinder to make a paste.
- Grate Ginger and Garlic in small pieces.
- Once Moong dal cools down, Grind it in mixer. Do not make a powder. It should have very small pieces of Dal.
- Take a pan, add 3 Tbsp oil and heat for about 1 min.
- Add Black Cardamom, Tej Patta, Cloves laung and Cinnamon. Cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add Garlic and Ginger. Cook till they turn golden brown.
- Add Onion paste. Cook till it turns golden brown.
- Add Tomato paste. Mix well.
- Add Turmeric powder, Salt, Red Chili powder, Coriander powder. Mix well. Cook for 5 minute.
- Add Peas, grind-ed Moong Dal and 1 Cup Our 1 Cup = 240 ML water. Mix Well.
- Bring it to 1 boil. Cover the lid and let it cook on low flame for 20 minute. Do stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- After 20 minute, Add Garam masala and mix well. Matar Korma is ready.
- Garnish it with Coriander leaves. Enjoy Matar korma with hot chapati.
Calories: 470kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 6gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 0.003gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 980mgPotassium: 312mgFiber: 6gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1000IUVitamin C: 50.3mgCalcium: 80mgIron: 3.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!