Matar Kabab Recipe - Snacks - Video
Matar Kabab with potato and corns as ingredients is an Indian fried snack recipe. Fast food Crisp cutlets can be sandwiched with bread and green chutney.
- 3 Number Potato
- 1 Cup Peas
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano Seasoning Optional
- 2 Tsp Coriander Leaves Fresh
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger Grated
- 1/2 Tsp Green Chili Finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Dry Red Chili Rougly grinded
- 1/2 Tbsp Corn Starch Corn Flour
- 2 Cup Oil For frying
- 1/2 Cup Semolina Suji
- Peel the skin of the Potaoes and finely grate all of them into thin slices.
- Add Corns and Peas in a pressure cooker for boiling. Add enough Water to sub-merge the vegetables completely in the cooker. Cover the lid of the pressure cooker and keep the stove on high flame. Wait for a whistle to come. Add Corns and Peas in a pressure cooker for boiling. Add enough Water to sub-merge the vegetables completely in the cooker. Cover the lid of the pressure cooker and keep the stove on high flame. Wait for a whistle to come.
- After 1 whistle, don’t open the cooker till it has pressure in it. Let all the steam vanish on its own. Once done, open the lid.
- Drain excess water from Corn and Peas by keeping them in a sieve for 2 minutes.
- Once the water drains out, add them in a bowl and mash with light hands. This is just to mix the flavors of Corns and Peas.
- In another bowl, add grated Potatoes, mashed pea and corns, Salt, Red Chili flakes, Ginger and Green Chilies along with Oregano Seasoning, chopped Coriander Leaves, chopped Onion and Cornflour. Mix well.
- Add Semolina and mix well again. If you feel that mixture is a bit wet, you can add small quantity of Cornflour to absorb the excess water.
- After mixing all the ingredients, take small quantity of mixture in your palms and give it an oval or round shape.
- Coat the cutlet with one layer of Semolina, to make crispy cutlets.
- Heat Oil in a pan on high flame for about 3 minutes. Deep fry the cutlets on high flame until they achieve golden brown color from all the sides.
- Pour the Oil with the help of a spatula over cutlets for getting golden brown color on all the sides.
- Once they have achieved the golden brown color, take them out from the Oil.
- Spicy Pea Corn Cutlets are ready to eat. I hope you will like the recipe and share your valuable comments. Enjoy them with morning or evening Tea.
Calories: 418kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 3gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 0.001gCholesterol: 0.1mgSodium: 201mgPotassium: 180mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 200IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 0.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!