Khoya Matar Makhana is a rich main course dish. It is heavy on calories due to the presense of Makhana and Khoya. We have listed the simple and step by step procedure of making this delicious recipe at home.
This is a recipe of reproducing the restaurant style Khoya Matar Makhana at home. You can make it for your kitty party at home and impress your friends and family.
Khoya Matar Makhana Recipe In Words
Yield: 1 Bowl of Khoya Matar Makhana (Serves: 4 People)
- 250 gm Ricotta Cheese (Khoya)
- 1 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Water
- 3/4 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Puffed Lotus Seeds (Makhane)
- 1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Curd/Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Grated Onion
- 3 Boiled Tomato
- 1 Finely Chopped Green Chili
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 3″ Inch Grated Ginger
- 1 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Pea (Matar)
- We will start the process by heating 1/2 Tbsp of Oil in a pan on medium flame for about a minute. Then, add Puffed Lotus seeds (Makhane) and fry until they change their color to light golden.
- Remove Makhane from pan once they change their color. Add Peas in the same Oil and cook for 2 minutes. Stir continuously. Switch off the stove after 2 minutes.
- Now, take another pan and heat it on low flame, add grated Khoya and stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Take out Khoya once it achieves light golden brown color. Switch off the stove.
- We have taken boiled Tomatoes. To boil Tomatoes, you need to just add 2 cups of water and tomatoes in pressure cooker. Bring to boil on high flame. After 1 whistle, switch off the stove. You will get boiled Tomatoes as shown in the picture.
- Peel the skin of the Tomatoes (Refer image).
- Grind the tomatoes to smooth paste. After grinding it, you will get a very nice red colored smooth gravy of tomato (Refer image).
- Now take a pan, heat 1/2 Tbsp of Oil in it on medium flame for about 2 minutes.
- Add grated ginger and green chilies.
- Once Ginger changes its color to golden brown, add grated Onion and cook on medium flame until it turns light golden.
- Add Tomato paste. Mix well.
- After 1 minute, add Salt, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric Powder and Red Chili Powder. Mix well.
Keep the stove on low flame and let it cook for 2 minutes. Stir Occasionally.
- Once all the spices separate themselves from the Oil, add curd. The Oil will be visible clearly floating around in the pan. Mix well.
- After cooking it for 1 minute on low flame, add water and change it to high flame. Mix well again.
- Once you see the boil coming in the gravy, keep the stove again on low flame. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add roasted Makhane, Matar and Khoya. Mix well.
- Cook on low flame for about 2 minutes. After that, switch off the stove.
- Here’s your delicious Khoya Matar Makhana ready to enjoy with Chapati, Paratha, Naan. Enjoy and thanks for being with inHouseRecipes.com
Hope you will enjoy the rest of the recipes also. Keep Cooking!!!