- 5/2 Tsp Dry Yeast
- 2 Cup Warm Water
- 3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp White Salt
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1 Tsp Butter Unsalted Salted or Unsalted. Unsalted is better.
180 min Prep
30 min Cook
Yield 15 number
Honey Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g 9%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Cholesterol 1mg 0%
Sodium 159mg 7%
Potassium 211mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 39g 13%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Protein 7g 14%
Vitamin A 0.2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Take warm water in a big bowl. Add Yeast and keep it aside for about 2-3 minutes. Yeast will dissolve in water and then we would use this water for making dough.
- After 3 minutes, Combine Whole Wheat flour, Honey, Oil and Salt in a separate bowl.
- Knead the dough using yeast water for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Once dough is ready, Grease another bowl with 1 tsp of oil and keep the kneaded dough in it.
Fermentation Of Dough
- Allow the dough to sit and rise in a warm place for about 60 minutes.
- After and hour, take out the dough and roll it to a log. ‘Log’ means a long cylindrical shaped dough piece.
- Now take a loaf pan or any rectangle shaped pan to bake your bread. Grease all internal walls with 1 tsp of Oil.
- Carefully, add the log shaped dough piece into this greased bowl.
- Keep it again in a warm place for another 1 hour for fermentation.
Baking The Bread
- Pre-heat Oven to 350 F (180 C). Bake for 30 minutes. You can also use the Microwave with convection to bake this bread. The temperature settings would remain same
- After 30 minutes, Switch Off the Oven and bring it out
- Remove the bread from the baking pan. Rub the crust with 1 tsp butter to make it fluffy and soft.
- Let it cool down to room temperature before slicing.
- Home Whole Wheat Bread is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Baking Recipes Recipe