180 min Prep
30 min Cook
Yield 15 number
Honey Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g 9%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Cholesterol 1mg 0%
Sodium 159mg 7%
Potassium 211mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 39g 13%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Protein 7g 14%
Vitamin A 0.2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Take warm water in a big bowl. Add Yeast and keep it aside for about 2-3 minutes. Yeast will dissolve in water and then we would use this water for making dough.
- After 3 minutes, Combine Whole Wheat flour, Honey, Oil and Salt in a separate bowl.
- Knead the dough using yeast water for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Once dough is ready, Grease another bowl with 1 tsp of oil and keep the kneaded dough in it.
Fermentation Of Dough
- Allow the dough to sit and rise in a warm place for about 60 minutes.
- After and hour, take out the dough and roll it to a log. ‘Log’ means a long cylindrical shaped dough piece.
- Now take a loaf pan or any rectangle shaped pan to bake your bread. Grease all internal walls with 1 tsp of Oil.
- Carefully, add the log shaped dough piece into this greased bowl.
- Keep it again in a warm place for another 1 hour for fermentation.
Baking The Bread
- Pre-heat Oven to 350 F (180 C). Bake for 30 minutes. You can also use the Microwave with convection to bake this bread. The temperature settings would remain same
- After 30 minutes, Switch Off the Oven and bring it out
- Remove the bread from the baking pan. Rub the crust with 1 tsp butter to make it fluffy and soft.
- Let it cool down to room temperature before slicing.
- Home Whole Wheat Bread is ready to serve. Enjoy!