Aloo Bread Roll Recipe - Crispy Potato Cutlets
Aloo Bread Roll is a fast Indian snack made in 12 minutes. Deep frying Boiled Potato with bread slices makes it crispy with high dense calories each.
- 1/2 Cup Boiled Potato Equivalent to 3 Inch diameter Potato Grated
- 2 Slices Bread Slice Brown or white. If the slices are not fresh, aloo bread roll won’t come out good
- 1 Tsp Coriander Leaves Cilantro Leaves Chopped into small pieces
- 1 Number Green Chili Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Salt or To taste
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 Tsp Mango Powder Amchoor
- 1/2 Cup Water To moisten the bread slices
- 1/2 Cup Oil or enough for frying
Make Bread Roll Mixture Preparation time: 2 Minutes
- Aloo bread roll ingredients
- We need boiled potato to start this recipe. If you have not boiled them yet, please boil now. We have not counted boiling time in this recipe. Also, the video shows the ingredient quantity for 2 Aloo Bread rolls whereas our pictures show that we are making 4 of them. The recipe remains same and if you also want to make 4, you can just double up the quantity mentioned above.
- Once boiled, grate the Potato using the 2 MM hole grater. It is fine even if you grate using a bigger sized hole. You can use a plate or a bowl to keep the grated Potato pieces.
- Add Salt, Red Chili Powder, Mango Powder, Garam Masala, chopped Green Chili and Coriander leaves to grated Potatoes. Mix all of them well. We would call it potato mixture now on-wards.
Prepare Raw Bread Roll Preparation time: 2 Minutes
- (Optional step) Slice and separate any two hard corners of bread slices. No need to get rid of all four. Only 2 are sufficient and these two corners should be opposite to each other.
- If the bread slices are fresh (0-1 day old), you do not need to slice the bread’s hard corners.
- If the bread slices were refrigerated before this use, you should remove all four hard corners.
- If the bread slices were NOT refrigerated but are more than 2 days old, you should NOT use this bread slice. This bread will not roll well and will spoil the whole effort.
- Once done, dip bread slice in water to moisten it. Press it with both hands to remove the excess water from the slice.
- Fill the Potato mixture on one corner/side or at the center of of the slice. Some people like to keep the potato mixture at the corner and then roll the bread. It does not make a big difference as to which process you choose.
- Close the other side of the slice to make a roll. Close it in such a way so that the Potato mixture is not visible and is left with no space to spill out.
- You can repeat the same process to prepare the other bread piece. Aloo Bread Roll is now ready for frying.
Frying Bread Roll Cook time: 8 Minutes
- Take a frying pan, big and deep enough, to hold the two raw Aloo Bread rolls. Fill this pan at-least 30% with Oil. You can even fill it more.
- Heat it on high flame for 5 minutes. Once it is hot, turn the stove to medium-high flame.
- Medium-high means a point between high and medium. If you are not clear, use Medium flame.
- Now, add raw rolls in Oil. Fry util they turn golden brown evenly on all sides. You will need to flip them over to make sure all sides have fried well. This would take about 3 minutes.
- Once they are golden brown from all sides, take them out from the Oil.
- Aloo Bread Rolls are ready to serve hot.
- It is NOT recommended to refrigerate the bread rolls once they have been fried. This is simply because, once cold, you would re-heat them either with Microwave or re-fry.Re-heating with Microwave will make them loose their outer layer crispness. Re-frying is NOT a good idea. It stands a chance of adding tons of Oil inside the roll and it would spoil the taste.
- If you want to pre-prepare for the party later same day may be after 3-4 hours, we would recommend to get the boiled Potato mixture ready. Making raw rolls and frying should ONLY be performed once you are ready to serve. This way, you would be able to enjoy the crisp bread and soft Potato’s taste and the real essence of Aloo bread Rolls.
- Serve Aloo Bread rolls with Sweet Tomato Sauce or Coriander Chutney or a mix of both sauces.
Calories: 668kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 4gFat: 62gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 44gTrans Fat: 0.004gCholesterol: 0.2mgSodium: 929mgPotassium: 256mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 300IUVitamin C: 28.1mgCalcium: 50mgIron: 1.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!