No shopping in Delhi is complete without these Suji ke Gol Gaape and Chatpata paani. They are known by the name of Pani Puri in Mumbai and Puchka in Kolkata.
I have just shown the recipe to make the Gol gappe…the recipe to make chatpata paani can be found here.
Enjoy this delicious and mouth watering balls with the purity and hygiene of your home.
Suji Gol Gappe Recipe Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Suji Gol Gappe Recipe In Words
Yield: 4 serving (good for 4 people)
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 Cup Semolina(Suji)
- For Frying Oil
- 2 Tsp Oil (For dough)
- Enough Water (for making dough)
- Take a big bowl, add Semolina, All Purpose Flour and 2 Tsp Oil. Mix well.
- Now gradually add Water and make a dough.
- Press the dough with hand for about 3 minutes to make a smooth dough. This will help us get crispy Gol Gappe. Make Sure that your dough should not be extreme tight or soft.
- Once you are done with dough, cover it with a bowl and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, we will take small balls of dough to roll the gol gappe.
- Roll the dough and press it a bit using your palm. Use rolling pin to give the balls an oval or round shape. We prefer giving it an oval shape.
- You can make all the Gol Gappe in similar fashion.
- Take a pan and add sufficient oil for deep frying. Heat it on high flame. Once hot, add gol gappe.
- Turn the stove on medium flame. Fry them until they get golden brown in color.
- Once they achieve golden color from bottom flip them and fry for 10 seconds. Take out them from hot oil.
- Please don;t get dis-heartened if some of gol gappe do not fluff. This is normal. The ones which are not fluffy, can be used as Papri. In-fact, this is what all gol gappe vendors also do
- Gol gappe are ready to enjoy.
How To Serve Or Eat Gol Gappe
Gol Gappe are ready but how should we eat them? Well, There are couple of things that you need to do if you want to enjoy the complete package!
First of all, get the boiled potatoes and boiled chick-peas. If you do not have both, any one of them is also good.
Then, prepare the chatpata Gol Gappe Pani and preferably sweet tamarind chutney or Amchoor chutney. Some people also like to use Coriander chutney along with the sweet tamarind/amchoor chutney.
If you have collected the above stuff, then you are ready to gulp those gol gappe straight in your mouth.
Here is the process that is normally followed in Delhi. I am saying Delhi specifically as i have seen Mumbai people eating it in a different manner.
- Take a bowl. Chop boiled potato into small pieces. Add boiled chick peas.
- Now add Tamarind/Amchoor chutney along with Coriander chutney as per your taste.
- Pick up a gol gappa and make a hole on its head using your thumb. Use soft hand pressure else you might just break the whole gol gappa into pieces!
- Fill up the stomach of Gol Gappa with the potato chick-pea mixture that we made above.
- Now, dip this gol gappa in the gol gappa paani and immediately open the mouth as big as possible to take it in completely.
- What are you waiting for now? Do i need to tell you the next step? The Gol Gappa should have melted in your mouth by now. Eat more and Enjoy!!