Kanji Vada is a special digestive drink pretty popular in India.
This version of Kanji is not made with Black Carrots. We are making it with Red Mustard Seeds Powder.
It is also great in taste and good for digestion. To top up the taste of Kaanji, we are also adding moong dala vadas.
Kaanji Vada Recipe In Words
- 1 Cup Moong Dal (Soaked in water for 4 hours and then rinsed)
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp Red Mustard seeds powder (Rai Powder)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 500 ml water
- To make Vada: Grind Moong Dal into a fine paste. You can add 2 tsp water also.
- Add a pinch of Salt and mix the Moong dal paste for 5 min.. It helps in making soft and fluffy vadas.
- Take a Jar (plastic or Glass) and add 500ml water.
- Add Red Chili powder, Red Mustard seeds powder (Rai Powder) and Salt in water. Shake well.
- Heat oil for frying in a pan. Add small portions of Moong Dal paste and keep the stove on medium flame.
- Fry until they turn Golden brown and then take them out.
- Let the Vadas cool down for 10 min. and then add them in Kaanji water.
- Keep the jar in sunlight or warm place for 2 hrs. each for 2 days and then it will be ready to serve.