Til ladoo or commonly known as Til Bhugga in Punjabi is really a great dish which everybody in the house waits to eat. Come winters and comes sweet delights in North India.
It is made with Sesame seeds which have an intrinsic property of providing warmth to your body.
Sugar and Khoya add to the taste and nobody can explain the feeling when the ladoo just melts in your mouth with a finishing touch of sesame seeds.
It is generally made on the occasion of Sakranti in January.
Til Ladoo Recipe Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Til ladoo Recipe In Words
Yield: 30-35 Til Ladoo
- 250 Gms Sesame seeds (Til)
- 500 Gms crushed Sugar (Bura) or you can grind sugar.
- 500 Gms Khoya /Mawa
- 50 Gms Raisins
- 50 Gms Cashew Nuts
- Cut Cashew nuts into small pieces and keep aside for use later.
- Take a pan and add Sesame seeds (Til). Roast them on medium flame until they turn light golden brown.
- After about 5 min., Sesame seeds (Til) will be roasted. Keep them aside for cooling down at room temperature.
- Sesame seeds are done. Cut Khoya/Mawa into small pieces.
- Take a pan and heat it. Add Khoya/mawa for roasting on medium flame. Roast until it turns light golden brown.
- Khoya has turned light golden brown. Switch off the gas and keep it aside for cooling down at room temperature.
- Sesame seeds have cooled down. Grind them in a grinder. Remember that we do NOT need to make a powder of Sesame seeds. There should be fine pieces of seeds visible after grinding.
- Take a big pan. Add Sesame seeds and crushed Sugar. Crush the lumps if there are any in the sugar.
- Add Raisins, Cashew Nut pieces and roasted Khoya (the one we roasted above). Mix well.
- Til Ladoo mixture is ready. Now, the only thing remaining is to give them shape. Take small portion and roll it with both hands to give a round ball shape. This round ball will be called the Til Ladoo
- You can make around 30-35 Til ladoo with this mixture. They are delicious and awesome to taste along with their warmth in winter. Happy Sakranti.