Street Masala Maggi Recipe – Office Delight [Video]
Street Masala Maggi is available at street side vendors outside offices in India. It has Indian masala tadka, vegetables and chat masala to spice up.
Maggi is one food item that needs no introduction if you are particularly from India. It is a companion of all students, graduates living in hostel and people staying abroad alone and away from family. Maggi is a brand name that has become a synonym for noodles actually.
We are showcasing the recipe of “street masala maggi” here which is normally available in small street side restaurants/vendors outside offices in India. Everybody likes it and we are trying to re-create the same taste and flavor for you to make it at home
|Yield:||2 servings (For 2 person)|
- Start with a Pan and add 3 Cups of water. Switch ON the stove on high flame.
- Once water is mild hot (about 1 minute), add Maggi, Peas and Maggi Masala tastemaker. We need to let it cook until the water dries up.
- It would take some time. In the mean time, we will make the Tadka.
- Take another pan, add Oil and heat it on high flame for about 2 minutes.
- Once hot, add Onions and Green Chili and roast them for 1 minute or until Onions turn pink in color.
- After 1 minute, Onion would turn pink. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for another 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, add spices (Salt, Garam Masala and Red Chili powder). Mix well and cook for another 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, the Tadka is ready.
Mixing Maggi and Tadka
Maggi would have boiled by now. Boiled here means that the water would have dried up.
Mix tadka with Maggi well and switch off the stove.
- Garnish street Masala Maggi with Chat masala (Make fresh Chat Masala at home) and serve hot.
I hope that the Maggi that you love the most in your office will address your taste buds at home too. Enjoy.
Storage and Serving Suggestions
- Maggi should be consumed hot and fresh. There is no use of refrigeration as it just solidifies into a hard Maida roll after losing its moisture.
- Most people enjoy Maggi as an evening snack during their office late hours with sips of Coffee.
- We do not recommend consuming Maggi regularly. It should be treated as comfort food and consumed occasionally for taste and flavor.