This video is in Hindi with English susbtitles.
Pumpkin or Sitaphal is a vegetable which is not a favorite of many. But if you eat its dry version with Poori, you will certainly become its fan.
We are here demonstrating another face of this great veggie and that too as a dessert.
We are showing the recipe of Sitaphal ki Kheer.
I hope you would like it.
Sitaphal Ki Kheer Recipe In Words
Cook time: 30
Total time: 32
Yield: Sitaphal Ki Kheer (good for 2 people)
- 500ml Milk
- 125gm Sitaphal
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cardamom (Take out the seeds & make powder)
- 15 Raisins
- 1 Tsp Buchanania Lanzan Seeds (Chirongi)
- 6 Sliced Almonds
- 15 Sliced Pistachio
- Grate Sitaphal into thin long slices as shown.
- Add Milk into a bowl and keep it on the stove on high flame.
- Wait until it gets a boil (approx 1min.)
- Once you see the boil, add Sitaphal.
- Turn the stove on medium flame and cook the Kheer for 30min.. Stir it occasionally to avoid burning.
- After 30 min. Kheer is cooked. Add all dry fruits and mix well.
- Add Sugar. Mix well and let it cook on low flame for about 5 min..
- And after 5min., it is ready to eat. Switch off the stove.
- Hot Kheer is ready to serve. If you like to eat chilled Kheer then cool it to a room temperature and refrigerate for 2 hrs. Serve chilled and enjoy. Thank You!!!