How To Remove Mehndi In A day
Got your hands painted with beautiful Mehndi for an occasion and now want to get rid of it as fast as possible for some wild reason! Well, normally the Mehndi has its own time frame to fade away and we should let it happen naturally.
But just in case, you are in hurry and want to get rid of it quickly, you can try these tips. These tricks will lighten up your Mehndi and it will be completely gone in a day or two. I have listed them in the order of preference (1 = Most Preferred)
- Apply a good quality bleach cream (which we apply on our face and body) on your hands or wherever the Mehndi (Henna) has been applied. Once bleach gets dried, rub it with both hands. This process will fade/ remove Mehndi to a great extent.
- Wash your hands with soap 10-12 times This will also help Mehndi lighten quickly but may prove a bit cumbersome and you may dry your hands too much. You a good moisturizer once you are through with the washing and see the Mehndi go off.
- Soak your hands in warm water and after about 6-8 minutes, rub your hands against each other. Your Mehndi should start going off.
- Apply toothpaste (the normal paste that you use for brushing your teeth) on Mehndi and let it dry. Once dried, rub your hands against each other to fade it off.
- If you love swimming, take a dip in the pool. The chlorine in the swimming pool water helps Mehndi to fade away faster. As a matter of fact, Chlorine faded my shorts’ color as well once while swimming. So, you can imagine what it can do to your Mehndi.
- Make a paste of baking soda powder mixed with lemon. Apply on your hands to remove the Mehndi color. Let it be there for 5 minutes and then wash it off. This paste can make your hands dry and rough. So, I would keep this trick to be the last option and in case any of the above does not help.
These are some of the tips that we have tried and have seen the results come through. I hope they will help you too.
Also, do please share if you also know of more tricks that can help remove Mehndi fast.
We have also tried a home made Glycerine lotion to bring glow to your face within two weeks. It may help you too if you are looking to lighten your face tan along with Mehndi color on your hands! I hope it helps