How to make Poori [Video]
Famous Indian fried chapatti made with wheat flour. It is generally known as poori/puri. No indian festival meal is complete without Poori.
Poori Recipe In Words
Yield: Approx. 20 Poori
- 4 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 2 Tbsp (For Kneading) Oil
- Enough for frying Oil
- To make the dough, take a big bowl and add wheat flour, Salt, and Carom Seeds.
- Add oil and mix well with hands.
- Add small amount of Water and mix with handsto make a dough. Water should be added as per the requirement. Do not add all water at one go.
- Keep adding small amount of water as and when you feel the old water has dried. Press and mix with hands to make a dough.
- Keep pressing and mixing with hands until all wheat flour gets together and becomes a dough.
- Once dough is ready. Take half portion of dough and roll it to make a cylindrical stick.
- Cut small pieces from stick with knife. This is a faster way of making Pooris.
- Dip the tip of an individual piece in oil and roll it with rolling pin to give a round shape.
- Take a frying pan, add oil and heat it for frying.
- Make sure Oil is very hot when you add Poori in it. Once hot, add poori for fry.
- Press it slightly from corners with spatula. This helps in making a fluffy Poori.
- Once it is light golden from both sides it is ready. Take it out from the Oil.
- Make the rest of the Pooris in same pattern.
- Serve the Poori hot with Aloo Subzi or any other subzi of your choice.