Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy Recipe
Paneer tikka masala gravy recipe with video in hindi and step by step images. Get the restaurant style taste at home with easy recipe. It has high calories.
- Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe Video (Audio in Hindi)
- Time and Yield
- Nutrition and Calories
- Ingredient List
- Paneer Tikka Masala in English with step by step pictures
- Storage and Serving Suggestions
- Read Paneer Tikka masala Recipe in Hindi (हिंदी में पढ़े)
Paneer Tikka Masala is basically a combination of dry Paneer Tikka with the heavy gravy.
Anil has this habit of eating out and then pushing Maahi to replicate the same taste at home. It is this habit which has helped us learn tricks of the trade and those secret restaurant recipes.
To be very frank, some 3 years ago, we had a belief that no Paneer dish can be made to taste same as a restaurant simply because they use a dedicated ready-made Paneer masala powder. This myth was broken when Anil insisted to make it without any ready made masala powder at home.
We tried multiple combinations of whatever spices were available at home and then one day could finally taste the heaven.
Normally, you would prepare the Paneer Tikka using the grill in your Microwave Oven. But, here we use a desi tawa (griddle).
Paneer Tikka masala is different than the Paneer Makhani or Paneer Butter Masala.
The primary difference is in the way raw Paneer is cooked. You can check our both the recipes to understand the difference.
As a matter of fact, almost all Paneer delicacies have some or the other difference in their preparation and ingredients to create a variation in their finally taste. We analyzed one such difference of Shahi Paneer with Paneer Makhani here.
Some people also refer this recipe with the name Malai Paneer Tikka or the Paneer Tikka Gravy.
We share this recipe of making Paneer tikka masala at home with step by step images and a video in Hindi language.
|Yield||4 Cup (1 Cup = 240 ML, Serves 4 People)|
|Serving Size||1 Cup|
|Serving Per Recipe||4|
|Calories per serving Per Recipe|
|Fat Content||35 grams fat|
For Paneer Marination 13
|1 Tbsp Olive Oil (Or any Oil of your choice)|
|2 Tsp Lemon Juice|
|2 Tsp Ginger Paste (Or you can grind 2 Inch Ginger to fine paste)|
|4 Garlic buds (Finely chopped. Or use Garlic paste if you have)|
|1 Tsp Garam Masala (Make pure Garam Masala at home)|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1 Tsp Red Chili Powder|
|1 Tsp Coriander Powder|
|200 Gms Paneer (Cut all the veggies in square shape for better presentation.)|
|1 Capsicum (Green Bell Pepper)|
|1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Onion|
|1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Curd (non-sweet Yogurt) (Should be thick in consistency for better results)|
Ingredients for Curry or Gravy 15
|1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Tomato Puree (any ready-made or grind tomatoes to fine paste at home)|
|1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Fresh Cream (Heavy Cream or Malai from Milk as commonly known in India)|
|4 Green Chili (Chopped into small circular pieces)|
|1/4 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Coriander Leaves (Chopped into small pieces)|
|2 Tbsp Oil|
|3 Tsp Kasoori Methi (Dry Fenugreek Leaves)|
|1 Tsp or as per taste Salt|
|1 Tsp Cornflour|
|1 Tsp Sweet Tomato Sauce|
|1/2 Tsp Cumin Seed Powder (Roasted) (You can Roast Jeera? and then grind to make a powder)|
|1/2 Tsp Dry Ginger powder|
|2″ Inch Cinnamon Stick (Optional)|
|2 Black Cardomom (Optional)|
|5 Cloves (Optional)|
|1/2 Tsp Chat Masala (Optional) (Make fresh Chat Masala at home)|
Marinating Paneer Prep Time – 21 Minutes
Add Paneer, Capsicum, Tomato and Onion in a bowl. Now add Ginger, Garlic and all spices designated for marination. Mix well.
Add lemon juice, 2 Tsp Oil and curd (yogurt). Mix well. Make sure that you use thick curd for best results.
- Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes of marination, lets start with making Paneer Tikka.
Making Paneer Tikka Cook time – 10 minutes
- Paneer Tikka is basically made with exposing the Paneer pieces to direct fire heat on a grill. You can use that method as well if you have the set up.
We are using a slightly different method of shallow frying the Paneer pieces.
- Take a pan, add 2 Tbsp Oil and heat it on high flame for 2 minutes.
- We mostly use Olive for our recipes as it is considered healthy for heart. It is also good for people who have high cholesterol problem. You can use any other cooking Oil as you desire.
Once Oil is hot, Turn the flame on medium and add the marinated Paneer (including vegetables) pieces in the pan.
The idea is to roast each piece of Paneer and vegetable just like we do while grilling. Hence, it is advisable to pick a single piece (either Paneer or a veggie) at a time and add it to the pan. Just fill up the space you have and do not overload the pan.
You can use a second iteration in case your pan is not big enough to hold all the pieces together in one attempt.
- Let it roast/shallow-fry on medium flame for 1 minute and then turn the flame on high.
Let it cook until Paneer and vegetables turn light golden brown in color.
- You would need to flip or turn over the pieces once they turn golden brown from one side. Keep an eye to avoid burning.
Once you see the colors on both sides, switch off the stove and take it our in a bowl. We will use it later. Lets move on to making Gravy now.
The fragrance of roasted vegetables and spices is just awesome. Our cooking stove is electric. Follow the same instructions for high / medium/ low flames even if you use the Indian style direct fire flame stove.
Making Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy Cook time – 10 Minutes
Take a frying pan big enough to hold all the ingredients together. Add 2 tbsp of Oil and heat it on high flame for 3 minutes.
- Once Oil is hot, add Cinnamon, Cardamom and Cloves and roast for 1 minute.
Whole spices add a unique flavor and essence to any dish. You can avoid them, if you don’t have them readily available.
- Now add Tomato Puree and Green chili. Mix well and let it cook for 1 minute.
- During this 1 minute of idle time, take a separate bowl to dilute CornFlour in 1 Tbsp of water. Keep it aside.
After 1 minute, turn the stove to medium flame. Add Tomato sweet Sauce, Kasoori Methi, roasted Cumin powder, dry Ginger powder, Salt, diluted CornFlour and mix well again. Let it cook on medium flame for 1 minute.
After 1 minute, add cream (or Malai) and Paneer Tikka. Mix well.
Now add Coriander leaves and Chat masala.
Chat masala is optional, if you want to skip it. It gives it a bit of chatpata (tangy) flavor.
- Switch Off the stove. The delicious and rich Paneer Tikka Masala is ready to serve.
Storage and Serving Suggestions
- Paneer tikka masala is served in main-course meals with breads like Paratha or Nan.
- Normally, you would also add a Dal (Lentil soup) like Dal Makhani to the meal with a Paneer sabzi (Paneer dish).
- Paneer can be marinated for more time than suggested in this recipe in preparation for your party. You can prepare the gravy half and hour before serving.
- It can be refrigerated to preserve and consume for up-to 3 days for best taste. Re-heat using a Microwave or plain frying pan before serving again.