Paneer Pasanda – Another version of Cottage cheese (Paneer) which will just take you to the dreams of paradise.
The dish is made with paneer slices stuffed with dry fruits dipped in rich gravy of tomato and cream.
Paneer Pasanda Recipe In Words
Yield: 1 Bowl Paneer Pasanda (good for 2 people)
- 250 Gms Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 2 Onion
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Inch Ginger
- 3 Green Chilli
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cream
- 1/2 Cup Corn Flour
- 1.5 tsp Coriander powder
- 1.5 inch Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 5 Cloves (Laung)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper seeds
- 2 big Cardamom (badi Elaichi)
- 2 Green Cardamom (choti elaichi)
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper Powder
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 tsp Cashew Nuts
- 2 tsp Raisins
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Submerge Cashew nuts in water to help in grinding.
- Take out 1/4 Cottage cheese for mashing and cut triangular pieces from rest.
- Cut the triangular pieces from center leaving one of the corner intact.
- Mash Cottage cheese. Add Raisins, 1/4 tsp Salt and 1/2 of your Ginger (Grated)
- Add 1/2 of your White pepper powder and 1/2 of crushed Cashew nuts.
- Mix well and stuff this mixture in all the Cottage cheese slices that we made earlier.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Warm some water in another pan for making Corn Flour paste.
- Add Corn flour in bowl. Add 1/4 tsp Salt. Make a thick mixture using warm water.
- Corn flour paste should be thick enough to cover the Cottage cheese slices completely.
- Dip the Cottage Cheese slice completely in corn flour paste and fry in hot oil. Fry all slices until they turn light golden brown.
Method FOR GRAVY:
- Cottage Cheese fried slices are ready. Let start making gravy.
- Crush the remaining Cashew nuts with 2 tsp of water.
- Take a pan, add 2 Tbsp oil and shallow fry the Onions.Fry until they turn light pink and then keep them aside to cool down.
- Cut Tomatoes into four pieces and shallow fry.
- We will grind Onion & tomato after shallow fry as it adds a unique flavor to gravy.Tomaotes have softened, keep them aside for cooling down.
- Grind fried Onions, Ginger and garlic together to a fine paste.
- Grind Tomatoes separately to a fine paste. Chop Green Chilli into small pieces.
- Take a pan, add 1 Tbsp oil and heat it. Add Bay leaves, big and small cardamom, Cloves, Black pepper seeds, Cinnamon and cook it for 30 sec..
- Add Onion paste and cook on medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- Add Tomato paste when Onion turns golden brown.
- Add chopped Green Chilli and cook for 1 min..
- Add Coriander powder, Turmeric, Red Chilli & White pepper powder and Salt.Cook until it gets one boil.
- After a boil, add crushed Cashed nuts and Cream. Mix well.
- Add 1 Cup Water and cook for 5 min. on medium flame.
- Add fried Cottage Cheese slices & mix well with Gravy. Garnish with Coriander leaves.
- Paneer Pasanda is ready to serve. Enjoy with Naan/Poori/Parantha/Chapati.