Orange Cake’s name suggests two things: Either it is Orange in color or it is made with real oranges or both. I would say it is both :).
This one is a special one that I tried recently for my hubby as he likes oranges a lot. He simply loved this cake and we decided to share this recipe with you.
This delicious cake can be made without any oven or microwave-oven. We are demonstrating how we can use pressure-cooker to bake cake at home.
Also, this video only shows the dry cake part. The icing for cake is another step that you may like to do.
Orange Cake Recipe – Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Orange Cake Recipe In Words
Yield: 1 Orange cake (serves 4 person)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 3/4 Cup Powder Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1-1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Orange Pulp (Peel Orange outer hard skin and the whitish thin skin)
- Extract the Orange Pulp: Peel Orange’s outer hard skin as well as the whitish thin skin. You will get the real orange pulp. If you have confusion, you can watch the video for the pulp that we are talking about. Keep it aside.
- Add both Eggs in a big bowl. Add 1 Tsp of Vanilla Essence. Use a hand mixer/beater to mix well.
- Add Powder Sugar and mix well again.
- Add All Purpose Flour and mix well again. Add Baking Powder and Oil. Mix well and form a smooth paste of all the ingredients.
- Once done, add Orange pulp and mix well.
- Cake mixture is ready, Now we will do the preparations for baking our cake.
- We are using an aluminium round shaped tin to bake our cake. It is advisable that you use an aluminium tin as it goes well with baking in Cooker.
- Grease the tin with cooking oil on all sides internally. This will help to make its surface non-sticky for the orange cake.
- Now add 1/2 or 1 tsp of All-pupose-flour (maida) and roll over the tin to spread it all over the surface as shown. This will help you find the grey areas on surface which have not been greased with oil. Grease them if you find any such areas.
- Our tin is ready. Add the Orange Cake mixture.
- Now take a pressure cooker which is big enough to keep the tin.
- Use a plate or an idli stand and place it between cooker base and cake tin. This is done to avoid the direct heat to tin and avoid
cake’s burning. Cover the cooker with the lid.
- Place the flame on high. Note: Do not put the whistle on the lid.
- After 2 min., turn the stove on low flame for about 25 min..
- It has been 25 min of baking the cake, switch off the stove. Now open the lid and check whether it is baked completely or not.
- To check the baked cake: Poke the tooth pick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean (No sticky material on it), it is ready. Otherwise bake it again for 5-7 min. on low flame.
- Our orange cake has baked fine as the tooth stick was clean. Switch off the stove and cover the lid back and keep aside the
cooker for 10 min. to cool down.
- After 10 min. take out the tin from cooker. Separate the cake from tin corner with the help of a knife.
- Once done, keep the tin up side down. Tap the back of the tin, so that cake will be separated completely from the base.
- Our Orange Cake is ready to serve. It is very fluffy and it’s smell is even tastier.
- You can serve it right away or you can do the icing of your choice.