Navratri is one of the most auspicious festival of India. We all have grown up doing the ‘Kanchak’ and keeping fasts (vrat) in devotion.
Some of us even observe 9 day fast and some others keep it for 1st and last day of the Navratri. Whether you keep the fast or not, we like to eat and enjoy the vrat delicacies.
My husband kept all nine days of fast last time in October and we also got to enjoy some new Navratri vrat recipes because of him
This time, he could only survive the first day and lost the battle on second day!! Nevertheless, i experimented with this Aloo Kabab and we really liked it and hence a video for you also to try and enjoy these awesome Kababs.
Navratri Aloo Kabab Recipe Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Navratri Aloo Kabab Recipe In Words
Yield: 6-8 pieces of Navratri Aloo Kabab
- 2 Medium size Boiled Potato
- 1 Tsp finely chopped Green Chilli
- 1 Tsp finely chopped Ginger
- 2 Tsp Samak Rice
- 1/4 Tsp Sendha Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Oil for frying
- Please note that we have taken boiled potatoes. If you have not boiled them yet, please do it now.
- Grate Potatoes in a big bowl.
- Now add chopped Green Chilies, Ginger, Salt and Pepper. Mix well to get a perfect mixture.
- Now take small quantity of mixture in your hand and make round shaped ball.
- Now we are ready with all the mixture balls. Spread the Samak Rice in a plate.
- Now roll the prepared Kabab balls on to these rice from all the sides. Repeat the same with all the Kababs.
- To deep fry the Kababs: Add enough Oil in a pan and heat it on high flame until it is very hot.
- Oil is now hot, add Kabab rolls/balls. Fry them on high flame until they get golden brown in color.
- Stir them occasionally to avoid burning and to give them golden brown color on all sides.
- Now they have become golden brown from all sides, take them out of the Oil.
- Our Navratri Aloo Kabab are ready to serve hot.
- Serve them with Coriander Chutney and enjoy!!!