Masala Gobi Recipe- Spicy Cauliflower [Video]
Masala Gobi is a spicy sabzi made only with Gobi as an main ingredient.
Gobi is a nice ingredient when it comes to adding value to any recipe. Aloo Gobi is another dish made with Gobi which is more famous than the one we are making today. Also, it would be a waste of life if you have not tasted evergreen Gobi paratha.
Have you ever craved for the masala gobi sabzi that is mostly served in marriages made by local halwai? Recall that spicy taste and you would agree that you want to re-create the same taste at home as well. If yes, then we present the same recipe and taste here so that you can enjoy it without waiting for any marriage
Masala Gobi Recipe Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Masala Gobi Recipe In Words
Yield: 1 bowl of Masala Gobi (Serves 2 People)
- 1 Big size chopped Cauliflower (Gobi)
- 2 Tsp Grated Garlic
- 3 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 Cup grated Onion
- 3 Tsp chopped fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds (Methi dana)
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- Heat Oil in a pan on high flame.
- Add Cauliflower pieces and saute for 2 min. on medium flame. Stir continously to avoid burning.
- After 2 min., turn the stove on low flame and take out the Cauliflower pieces. Keep the leftover Oil in the pan itself.
- In the same Oil, add Fenugreek seeds and cook until they get golden brown.
- Turn the stove on medium flame. Fenugreek seeds are now golden, add grated Ginger and Garlic. Fry for 1 min. on medium flame.
- After 1 min., Add grated Onion and fry until it gets pink in color on medium flame.
- Onion has turned pink in color. Add Coriander Powder, Red Chili Powder and Turmeric Powder. Mix well and cook on low flame for
- After 1 min., add Cauliflower (Gobi) and Salt. Mix well.
- Cover the pan with the lid and cook on low flame for 5 minute. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Check after 5 min., if Gobi is soft and tender, switch off the stove. Otherwise cover again and cook it on low flame again for 2 more minutes.
- Once Cauliflower softens, switch off the stove. Sprinkle Garam Masala and Coriander Leaves. Mix well.
- Masala Gobi is ready to serve with Paratha/Roti. Enjoy.