Masala Almonds Recipe – Fried Almonds Wrapped In Gram Flour [Video]
Almonds are good for sharpness of mind and you should eat them regularly with or without their skin.
There are times when you want to take a break and eat some spicy and crispy snacks, then you again have the option of eating almonds but wrapped in gram flour the pakora style.
You must have eaten the pea nuts as raw nuts and with the fired besan covering too. If you can recall that crisp and spicy taste, you will definitely love these too.
They are mostly eaten with tea/coffee or hard drinks. Fry them and let them them cool down before serving for best taste. Sprinkle a bit of chat masala to add some more glamour!
This video is in Hindi with English subtitles.
Masala Almonds Recipe In Words
Yield: 1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Masala Almonds
- 1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Almonds
- 2 Tsp Gram Flour(Besan)
- 1 Tsp Cornflour
- 2 Pinch Salt
- 2 Pinch Baking Powder
- 2 Pinch Red Chili Powder
- Enough to make a smooth besan paste Water
- Enough to fry Oil
- In a bowl, add Cornflour, Gram Flour, Salt, Red Chili Powder and Baking Powder. Mix well.
- Now add Water gradually to make a smooth and light paste.
- Add Oil in a pan and heat it on high flame for approx. 3 min..
- Once the Oil is hot, dip the Almonds in a gram flour mixture and straight away put them in hot oil to fry.
- Repeat the same with all the almonds and fry them on medium flame until they become golden brown in color.
- When they acheive golden brown color then take them out in a plate on paper towel.
- Masala Almonds are ready to enjoy with Tea or coffee or any other evening snack.