Makhana Kheer Recipe – The Navratri Special Energy Booster [Video]
This video is in Hindi with english subtitles. यह विडियो हिंदी में है|
Makhana kheer is a special kheer made with the main ingredient as Poopy seeds (Makhana in hindi). It is mostly made in the fast of Navratri.
Rich in taste and energy, you can enjoy it anytime you like. The kheer is good enough to give you a boost in the fasting time.
Detailed recipe with steps:
- 500ml Milk
- 1 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Puffed Lotus Seeds(Makhana)
- 20-25 Raisins
- 7-8 Cashew Nuts
- 1 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Sugar
- 6-7 Almonds
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom seed Powder
- 4 Tsp Desi-Ghee/Pure-Ghee
- Heat Desi Ghee in a pan. Add Makhane and roast until
they become light golden brown in color on low flame.
- Keep Makhana aside once done.
- Add milk and cardamom powder in a bowl for
boiling. Keep the stove on high flame and wait for 1
boil to come.
- After the first boil, turn the stove on low flame.
- Add Makhane to milk. Let it cook on low flame for 30
minutes. Stir occassionally to avoid burns.
- Mash some of the makhane make the Kheer a bit thick in
- After 30 minutes, switch off the stove. Chop the almonds
in long thin slices and add to the Kheer along with other
fruits and sugar. Mix well.
- Makhna Kheer is ready to serve hot! Enjoy it in Navratra
or any other day.
Hope you will enjoy the recipe. Thanks for being with
inHouseRecipes. Do share your valuable comments.