Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe – Healthy Ghiya As A Dessert [Video]
This video is in Hindi with english subtitles. यह विडियो हिंदी में है|
Lauki or Ghiya is a common fruit (commonly known as a vegetable) that does not find many takers. But it is a very healthy fruit and has been made popular by Baba Ramdev too.
He says that Lauki’s juice helps you cure all the ailments in your body.
Today we are going to use this Lauki to make a dessert which is quite similar in taste as Gajar (carrot) halwa.
I hope you will like the recipe. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome.
Detailed recipe with steps:
- 2 Cups of grated Bottle Gourd
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- For Garnishing: Sliced Almonds (Peeled)
- 2 Cups Milk
- Add Milk & Cardamom Powder in a pan.
Keep the stove on high flame and wait for 1 boil to come.
- After a boil, add grated Ghiya and mix well. Cook on medium flame for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After 20 minutes, add Suagr and mix well. Stir continuously on high flame until milk dries up and gels with Ghiya.
- Lauki Halwa is ready. Garnish with sliced Almonds and serve. I hope you will like the recipe of Lauki Halwa.
Hope you will enjoy the recipe. Thanks for being with inHouseRecipes. Do share your valuable comments.