Instant Jalebi recipe is a smart and easy way of preparing the crispy, crunchy, juicy and fresh jalebi at home within minutes. Yes, you read it right.
This recipe helps you prepare Jalebi within 15 minutes to help your craving at odd hours. I remember having the craving for something sweet when i was pregnant. I used to ask my husband to get the
Jalebi for me from anywhere anyhow…Luckily, he had found one Jalebi vendor in Karol Bagh, Delhi who used to remain open until late night.
But, everyone is not lucky and here is the recipe to make you lucky!
You need to try it to believe it. You can also ask your husband to watch this recipe and provide some motivation to cook it for you..Yes..it is pretty easy. My husband is doing it, so it should be easy!
Instant Jalebi Recipe Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Instant Jalebi Recipe In Words
Yield: Approx. 20 Instant Jalebi (good for 6 people)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Tsp Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetned Curd
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1-1/4 Cup Water
- Enough Oil (For Frying)
- 1 Tbsp Oil (for Batter)
- Start with 1/4 cup of warm water. Add Yeast. Mix well and let it sit for a minute.
- Now, take a bowl. Add All-purpose-flour, Gram flour, cornflour, curd and Yeast paste. Mix well and try to remove any visible lumps.
- We need to make a smooth batter with this paste. Add small quantity (1/4 cup) of water gradually to make a paste.
- Once you see the smooth paste coming up, add 1 Tbsp of Oil and keep mixing it.
- You can use a zip lock bag or a milk bag to fill Jalebi batter or the Jalebi maker small bottles.
- Smooth batter is ready. We have used total of 1/2 Cup water for this paste. 1/4 cup that we added and 1/4 cup came from Yeast paste.
- Lets keep this batter aside for about 10 minutes. In the mean time, we can prepare the Sugar syrup.
- To make Sugar syrup: Take a pan and add Sugar along with 1.25 Cup of Water.
- If you want to add some aroma to Sugar syrup, you can add Cardamom powder. We are adding 1/2 tsp Cardamom.
- Let it cook on high flame for a minute and then turn the stove on medium flame.
- The sugar will dissolve itself within 1 minute and then it should be cooked until it achieves 1 string consistency.
- Sugar syrup is on its way and on the other side, we can keep Oil for heating in another pan.
- The Jalebi frying pan should be flat from bottom with little depth. Let the Oil heat up on high flame.
- Once Sugar syrup gets ready i.e. achieves 1 string consistency, turn the stove on low flame.
- To measure 1 string: Take small amount of syrup in a spoon and use your index finger and thumb to pick a drop.
- You would see a string developing between the index finger and thumb.
- We have filled a small bottle (You can also use a ketchup dispenser) to dispense Jalebi Batter.
- If you are using a zip lock bag or a milk bag, make a 5 mm cut on one of its corners for dispensing batter. You can use whatever is comfortable for you.
- Roll your hand slowly and dispense the Jalebi batter in hot oil.
- It would be a bit difficult to make any specific design in the first go. You will learn it with experience.
- Take out the ones which have turned golden brown from both sides and dip in Sugar syrup.
- Make sure that you dip the Jalebi completely in Sugar syrup to absorb as much as it can.
- Now, take out the Jalebi from Sugar Syrup.
- The delicious and hot Jalebi is ready to serve.
- You can garnish Jalebi with Pistachio and Saffron if you want.
- Try this instant Jalebi and share your instant comments too
Enjoy this awesome Jalebi and do share your feedback..Good luck.