- Video (Audio in Hindi)
- Time and Yield
- Ingredient List
- Method in English with step by step pictures
- Storage and Serving Suggestions
- Read Instant Jalebi recipe in Hindi (हिंदी में पढ़े)
- Instant Jalebi with no Yeast Recipe
- Jalebi with No Yeast and No Baking Powder
Instant Jalebi recipe is a smart and easy way of preparing the crispy, crunchy, juicy and fresh jalebi at home within minutes.
Instant basically means the fast process that can be completed within minutes with no overnight waiting time.
Maahi used to have the late night sweet cravings when she was pregnant and this recipe had helped a lot. Sometimes, the shop were open late at night in Delhi’s Karol Bagh and we could get it.
The other times this recipe was in action.
There are 3 different Jalebi recipes that we have on our site based on the fermentation process used.
- Jalebi With Yeast – (15 minutes recipe)
This is the quick and easy recipe that we are sharing on this page.
- Jalebi without Yeast, with Baking soda and Baking powder – (35 Minutes recipe)
- Jalebi with no yeast, no baking soda and no Baking powder – (Takes about 8 hours)
Jalebi is called sweetmeats in english language.
Jalebi also enjoys a mention in Hindi proverb dictionary. A person who appears to be innocent, but actually is clever is referred as ‘straight like Jalebi‘. This is a satire on the person’s character comparing it with the shape of Spiral Jalebi.
There is another version of Jalebi that’s loved by Paneer fans and is popularly known as Chanar Jalebi (paneer Jalebi). Some people also call it chhena jalebi.
The toughest part in making the Jalebi is its design and drawing straight in the hot Oil. You might not be able to make a perfect one in your first attempt. It took us about 3-4 attempts to get it in circular shape!
Also, you have the liberty to create any design and is only limited by your imagination.
We answer all your questions about how to make Jalebi easily at home in this recipe and we hope you will have a gala time making and eating it too.
Instant Jalebi Recipe In Words
|Yield:||Approximately 20 Instant Jalebi (good for 6 people)|
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Tsp Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Curd (Un-sweetened Yogurt)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1-1/4 Cup Water
- Enough Oil (Quantity would depend on the size of your frying pan)
- 1 Tbsp Oil (for making Batter or Jalebi mix)
Preparing Jalebi Batter or mix (prep Time – 3 minutes)
- Jalebi batter is nothing but the paste or mix. Batter is the word mostly used in India. In other places like USA or UK, people refer to it as a mix.
Start with 1/4 cup of warm water. Add Yeast. Mix well and let it sit for 1 minute. The yeast needs to be diluted in water.
Now, take a bowl. Add All-purpose-flour (Maida), Gram flour (Besan), Cornflour, Curd (Yogurt) and diluted Yeast. Mix well and try to remove any visible lumps.
- We need to make a smooth batter and therefore need to add small quantity (like 1/4 cup) of water gradually and keep mixing.
Once you see the smooth paste coming up, add 1 Tbsp of Oil and keep mixing it.
- Smooth batter is ready. We have used total of 1/2 Cup water for this paste. 1/4 cup that we added explicitly and 1/4 cup came from Yeast paste.
- Lets keep this batter aside for about 10 minutes. In the mean time, we can prepare the Sugar syrup (Jalebi Chashni).
Making Jalebi Chashni (Sugar Syrup) – 1 String consistency (Cook time – 15 minutes)
- Take a pan and add Sugar along with 1.25 Cup of Water.
- If you want to add some aroma to Sugar syrup, you can add Cardamom powder. We are adding 1/2 tsp Cardamom. This is optional though.
- Let it cook on high flame for a minute and then turn the stove on medium flame.
- The sugar will dissolve itself within 1 minute and then it should be cooked until it achieves 1 string consistency.
It should take about 15 minutes.
- Sugar syrup is on its way and on the other side, we can keep Oil for heating-up in another pan.
Getting Jalebi Frying Pan Ready and watching Sugar syrup (Prep Time – 2 minutes)
- The Jalebi frying pan should have flat base with small depth. Add the Oil to fill up this pan up-to 50% of its depth. Let it heat-up on high flame for 2 minutes.
Once Sugar syrup gets ready i.e. achieves 1 string consistency, turn the stove on low flame.
To measure 1 string consistency: Take small amount of syrup in a spoon and use your index finger and thumb to pick a drop.
You would see a string developing between the index finger and thumb. If you see 1 string, the Sugar syrup is ready else it would need another 1-2 minute on stove.
- If the Sugar syrup is ready, turn the stove on low flame. This will help keep the sugar syrup hot till we dip Jalebi in it. This is not essential but is recommended.
Loading Jalebi Batter In Jalebi Dispenser (Prep Time – 1 Minute)
- You can use a zip lock bag or a milk plastic bag to fill Jalebi batter or the small bottles which look like tomato ketchup dispensing bottles (also called Jalebi maker bottles).
- We have filled a small bottle (You can also use a ketchup dispenser) to dispense Jalebi Batter.
- If you are using a zip lock bag or a milk bag, make a 5 mm cut on one of its corners.
We recommend using the bottle as the milk bag or zip lock bag are not considered safe. It has happened with us that the bag burst in the middle of dispensing right on top of the hot Oil. So, it is better to be safe while frying.
Frying Instant Jalebi (Cook time – 3 Minutes)
- Roll your hand slowly and dispense the Jalebi batter in hot Oil.
- It would be a bit difficult to make any specific design in the first go. You will learn it with experience.
- Try to roll your hand in a way that a circle is completed and then keep adding more circles around the primary circle.
- Let it fry until it turns golden brown from both sides. Remember that you would need to flip it too. It would take about 3 minutes to fry 1 Jalebi completely.
Mixing Jalebi with Sugar Syrup (Cook time – 1 Minute)
- Take out the ones which have turned golden brown from both sides and dip in Sugar syrup (Chashni).
- Make sure that you dip the Jalebi completely in Sugar syrup to absorb (soak) as much juice as it can. You can use a spatula or a spoon to keep it sub-merged.
- After 1 minute, take out the Jalebi from Sugar Syrup. It is now ready to serve hot.
Enjoy this awesome Jalebi and do share your feedback..Good luck.