Instant Jalebi Recipe – Crispy Crunchy Juicy Jalebi [Video]
Instant Jalebi is a Crispy Crunchy Juicy Jalebi that you can make in just 15 minutes. No long fermentation time is needed if we use dry yeast. Indian Dessert.
Instant Jalebi recipe is a smart and easy way of preparing the crispy, crunchy, juicy and fresh jalebi at home within minutes. Yes, you read it right.
This recipe helps you prepare Jalebi within 15 minutes to help your craving at odd hours. I remember having the craving for something sweet when i was pregnant. I used to ask my husband to get the
Jalebi for me from anywhere anyhow…Luckily, he had found one Jalebi vendor in Karol Bagh, Delhi who used to remain open until late night.
But, everyone is not lucky and here is the recipe to make you lucky!
You need to try it to believe it. You can also ask your husband to watch this recipe and provide some motivation to cook it for you..Yes..it is pretty easy. My husband is doing it, so it should be easy!
Instant Jalebi Recipe In Words
|Yield:||Approx. 20 Instant Jalebi (good for 6 people)|
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Tsp Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Un-sweetened Curd
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1-1/4 Cup Water
- Enough Oil (For Frying)
- 1 Tbsp Oil (for Batter)
Preparing Jalebi Batter
- Start with 1/4 cup of warm water. Add Yeast. Mix well and let it sit for a minute.
- Now, take a bowl. Add All-purpose-flour, Gram flour, Cornflour, Curd and Yeast paste. Mix well and try to remove any visible lumps.
- We need to make a smooth batter and therefore need to add small quantity (like 1/4 cup) of water gradually and keep mixing.
- Once you see the smooth paste coming up, add 1 Tbsp of Oil and keep mixing it.
- Smooth batter is ready. We have used total of 1/2 Cup water for this paste. 1/4 cup that we added and 1/4 cup came from Yeast paste.
- Lets keep this batter aside for about 10 minutes. In the mean time, we can prepare the Sugar syrup.
Making Sugar Syrup (Chashni) – 1 String consistency
- Take a pan and add Sugar along with 1.25 Cup of Water.
- If you want to add some aroma to Sugar syrup, you can add Cardamom powder. We are adding 1/2 tsp Cardamom. This is optional though.
- Let it cook on high flame for a minute and then turn the stove on medium flame.
- The sugar will dissolve itself within 1 minute and then it should be cooked until it achieves 1 string consistency.
- Sugar syrup is on its way and on the other side, we can keep Oil for heating-up in another pan.
Getting Jalebi Frying Pan Ready and watching Sugar syrup
- The Jalebi frying pan should be flat from bottom with small depth. Add the Oil to pan and let it heat-up on high flame.
- Once Sugar syrup gets ready i.e. achieves 1 string consistency, turn the stove on low flame.
- To measure 1 string: Take small amount of syrup in a spoon and use your index finger and thumb to pick a drop.
- You would see a string developing between the index finger and thumb. If you see 1 string, the Sugar syrup is ready else it would need another 1-2 minute on stove.
- if the Sugar syrup is ready, turn the stove on low flame. This will help keep the sugar syrup hot till we dip Jalebi in it. This is not essential but is recommended.
Loading Jalebi Batter In Jalebi Dispenser
- You can use a zip lock bag or a milk bag to fill Jalebi batter or the small bottles which look like tomato ketchup dispensing bottles (also called Jalebi maker bottles).
- We have filled a small bottle (You can also use a ketchup dispenser) to dispense Jalebi Batter.
- If you are using a zip lock bag or a milk bag, make a 5 mm cut on one of its corners.
- We recommend using the bottle as the milk bag or zip lock bag are not considered safe. It has happened with us that the bag burst in the middle of dispensing right on top of the hot Oil. So, it is better to be safe while frying.
Frying Instant Jalebi
- Roll your hand slowly and dispense the Jalebi batter in hot oil.
- It would be a bit difficult to make any specific design in the first go. You will learn it with experience.
- Try to roll your hand in a way that a circle is completed and then keep adding more circles around the primary circle.
- Let it fry until it turns golden brown from both sides. Remember that you would need to flip it too.
Mixing Jalebi with Sugar Syrup
- Take out the ones which have turned golden brown from both sides and dip in Sugar syrup.
- Make sure that you dip the Jalebi completely in Sugar syrup to absorb as much as it can. You can use a spatula or a spoon to keep it sub-merged.
- After 2-3 minutes, take out the Jalebi from Sugar Syrup. It is now ready to serve hot.
Enjoy this awesome Jalebi and do share your feedback..Good luck.
Storage and Serving Suggestions
- You can garnish Jalebi with Pistachio and Saffron if you want before serving.
- The Jalebi can refrigerated for up-to 2-3 days. re-heat Jalebi using a Microwave again before consumption. Do NOT re-fry it to re-heat.