Gulab Sharbat Recipe – Immitating Rooh Afza [Video]
Rooh Afza is a well known gulab sharbat brand in India and we have grown up drinking it in summers and serving it to guests. Some of you may have also seen it being served publicly on occasions like ‘Guru Purab’ mixed with milk or plain water.
Here, we are presenting a simple way of making the same Rooh Afza or the Gulab Sharbat at home. It is my mother-in-laws own recipe which she has used in every summer over the years and saved money too by making this in abundance at home
It can be equated with the rose squash or any other sugar based rose flavored syrups that you normally get in market.
Gulab Sharbat Recipe Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Rose Sharbat Recipe In Words
Yield: 500 Gms equivalent Gulab Sharbat
- 500 gms Sugar Syrup (Chashni)
- 1/2 Tsp Citric Acid
- 1 Tsp Rose Essence
- 1/4 Tsp Red Food Color
- We have assumed that you already have sugar syrup available with you as one of the main ingredient. If you do not have it, please prepare it now. You can find the Chasni recipe here.
- Add Citric Acid in Sugar Syrup and Mix well.
- Now add Rose Essence, Red Food color in Sugar Syrup and mix well all over again.
- Our Gulab Sharbat is ready. You can store it for 6 months in a glass bottle.
- To serve Gulab Sharbat, fill 1/4 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) of Sharbat Syrup in a
- Now fill the rest of the glass with Cold water. Mix well and
serve. You can also add a bit of lemon juice to make it extra interesting
- Note: DO NOT keep the Sharbat syrup in refrigerator as there is
a chance of sugar getting freeze.
If you are looking to chill out your head in the extreme summer heat, you can also check out Aam Panna (Mango Panna). This is also a great sweet and sour drink to quest your thirst in a healthy way.