Golgappa Pani Recipe – Pani from Pani Puri
Golgappe ka pani with Mint and Coriander, is a companion for Pani Puri and Puchka from East. Tried and tested restaurant style recipe with pictures and video.
Golgappa Pani is a tangy flavored water served with and the Indian cuisine’s water balls. These balls, made with Semolina, are hollow inside.
GolGappa is a term primarily used in North, Pani Puri in west and Puchka in Eastern coast of India.
Whatever is the name, the recipe is same.
Golgappa’s best companion is its chatpata (tangy) water. You can’t simply gulp the water balls, without this mint based liquid.
This recipe is all about making the restaurant style GolGappe ka pani.
|Yield||4 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Golgappa Pani|
|Serving Size||1 Cup Golgappa paani (flavored Water)|
|Serving Per Recipe||4|
|Calories per serving Per Recipe|
|Fat Content||0 grams fat|
|2 tsp Mint leaves (Pudina)|
|1 tsp Coriander leaves|
|1/4 tsp Salt|
|1/4 tsp Black Salt|
|4 Green Chili|
|1.5 tsp Mango powder (Amchoor)|
|2 pinch Asafoetida (Hing)|
|4 cup Water|
- Add Mint, Coriander leaves, Green chili, Mango powder, Salt, Black Salt and Asafoetida (Hing) in a grinder jar.
Add 5 tsp water and grind it to a fine paste.
Now add 4 cups of water in the mint mixture and mix well.
Gol Gappe ka Pani (Pani from pani Puri) is ready to serve.
Storage and Serving Suggestions How to eat Gol Gappas with this tangy water?
- We need Gol Gappe ka Pani, Gol Gappe, Boiled Chick Peas (Chole), Boiled Potato and Tamarind Sauce (you can substitute Tamarind Sauce with Mango Powder sauce).
- Take a Gol Gappa and make a hole at the center of its head.
- Add few Chick peas and few Potato pieces along with 1/2 tsp of Tamarind Sauce. This should fill up the Gol gappa stomach to its top.
- Dip this Gol Gappa in Tangy water and just keep it in your mouth. Feel it melt with the touch of your tongue.
If you have not tasted these Indian water-balls, you have not experienced the food paradise!
- Eat all Gol Gappas and enjoy!