Golgappe ka pani with Mint and Coriander, is a companion for Pani Puri and Puchka from East. Tried and tested restaurant style recipe with pictures and video.
is a tangy flavored water served with and the Indian cuisine's water balls. These balls, made with Semolina, are hollow inside.
GolGappa is a term primarily used in North, Pani Puri
in west and Puchka
in Eastern coast of India.
Whatever is the name, the recipe is same.
Golgappa's best companion is its chatpata (tangy) water
. You can't simply gulp the water balls, without this mint based liquid.
This recipe is all about making the restaurant style GolGappe ka pani.
All spices and ingredients should now be ready with you. Off-course, you would need water too.
Ingredients for gol gappe ka paani
Add Mint, Coriander leaves, Green chili, Mango powder, Salt, Black Salt and Asafoetida (Hing) in a grinder jar.
off-course, we need plain water too
Add 5 tsp water and grind it to a fine paste.
Grind Mint leaves, Coriander leaves and Amchoor to make a paste
Now add 4 cups of water in the mint mixture and mix well.
Mint paste for gol gappa pani
Gol Gappe ka Pani (Pani from pani Puri) is ready to serve.
Add water to mint paste
Gol gappa paani is ready to serve
Storage and Serving Suggestions
- We need Gol Gappe ka Pani, Gol Gappe, Boiled Chick Peas Chole, Boiled Potato and Tamarind Sauce you can substitute Tamarind Sauce with Mango Powder sauce.
- Take a Gol Gappa and make a hole at the center of its head.
- Add few Chick peas and few Potato pieces along with 1/2 tsp of Tamarind Sauce. This should fill up the Gol gappa stomach to its top.
- Dip this Gol Gappa in Tangy water and just keep it in your mouth. Feel it melt with the touch of your tongue.
- If u have not tasted these indian water-balls, you have not experienced the food paradise!
- Eat all Gol Gappas and enjoy!
Tangy green gol gappe ka paani to go with pani puri
Gol Gappa Pani Made at home
GolGappa Pani with boiled Chole chat