Gajar Murabba Recipe – Eating Carrot The Sweet Way [Video]
Gajar Murabba is an awesome way of eating the Gajar (Carrot) for people who like eating sweets. It is pretty famous in India as Indians like to eat more sweets than anybody else in the world!
Gajar is basically a winter season vegetable in India but given the advancement in cold storage technology, almost all vegetables are now available in every season including Carrot (Gajar).
Earlier, people used to preserve the Carrot by making its Murabba and used to eat it even in other season. But, the actual reason to preserve it does not hold that much relevance now and hence it would not be wrong to call it sweet dish now.
But whatever is the motive, the taste of Gajar murabba is simply awesome and I bet that if you eat it once, you will always want more. So, what are you waiting for, just make this at home and enjoy with family.
Gajar Murabba Recipe Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Gajar Murabba Recipe In Words
Yield: Serves 6 people
- 1/2 Kg Carrot
- 1/2 kg Sugar
- 100 ml water (To make Sugar Syrup)
- 1 Pinch Citric Acid
- Wash & peel all Carrots. Remove the head and tail portions of each Carrot too.
- Now chop the Carrots in small round shaped pieces.
- Take 1 liter Water in a big bowl and add chopped Carrots.
- Bring it to a boil on high flame and keep boiling until Carrots become soft and tender.
- It will take some time for Carrots to soften. Meanwhile, we will prepare the Sugar syrup for Gajar Murabba.
- Add 100 ml Water in another pan with Sugar.
- Switch on the stove on high flame. We need Sugar Syrup (Chashni) with 1 string consistency.
- After cooking sugar for about 5 minutes, sugar syrup of 1 string would be ready.
- To test the 1 string consistency, take two drops of Sugar syrup on your finger and try to make a string with the help of thumb and index finger. If it shows off 1 string, it is ready. Else we need to cook for another 2 minutes. Switch off the stove if the Sugar syrup is ready.
- On the other hand, after 15 minutes of boiling Carrots, switch off the stove. They should have softened by now. Drain out all the water from Carrots.
- Now, add boiled Carrot in the Sugar syrup and cook on low flame for 5 minute.
- After 5 min. of cooking Carrots in Sugar syrup, add Citric Acid and mix well.
- Switch off the stove.
- Cover the pan and keep it aside for 2 days.
- After 2 days, Carrots may flush out its Water in sugar syrup.
- Cook it on high flame for 10 minute again if Carrot’s water lightens the syrup. The idea is to thicken the Sugar syrup. If it has not flushed any water, you do not need to do anything.
- Keep it aside to cool down at room temperature. Once done, store it in an air tight glass jar. Gajar Murabba is ready to serve.
- Gajar Murabba has a good 6 months of shelf life. So, you can enjoy it for longer periods once made.
I hope friends, you will make this recipe and enjoy with all. Thanks for watching!!!