Milky Gajar Halwa Recipe – Carrot Halwa [Video]
Gajar halwa is one dish that every household in North-India would recall enjoying in winter season. Winter season is the primary season for juicy and delicious carrots (Gajar). If you happen to visit Delhi in November to February time frame, you would find this gajar halwa on every sweet seller’s shelf.
Today, we are sharing the recipe for making the milky gajar halwa.
This is pretty different from the one you eat in a restaurant or a sweet shop. The difference is in the way of cooking Gajar. Normally, the sweet shops boil carrot (gajar) in a cooker or a pan with water. We are using milk instead of water and hence gives the dish a new dimension an entirely new taste.
Gajar Halwa Recipe Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Gajar Halwa Recipe In Words
Yield: 3 Bowls Of Gajar Halwa (Good for 6 Servings)
- 1 Liter full cream milk (Or called Whole Milk)
- 1+1/2 Cup (Our 1 Cup = 240 ML) Sugar
- 2 Tsp Pure Ghee (Desi Ghee)
- 50 Gms Ricotta Cheese (Khoya)
- 15 pieces Cashew Nuts
- 4 pieces small Cardamom
- 1 Kg Carrot (Gajar)
- Let us start with grating and chopping our ingredients.
- Grate Carrot (Gajar) into thin long pieces. Chop Cashew nuts into small pieces. Take out the seeds from small cardamom and keep aside. We don’t need the cardamom skin. Grate Ricotta Cheese (Khoya) into thin long pieces and keep aside.
- Now, take a big bowl or pan and add milk. Bring it to a boil on high flame.
- Once you see the boil, turn the stove on medium flame. Add carrots and cardamom seeds. Keep stirring to avoid burns.
- This needs to be cooked until the milk dries-up/evaporates completely.
- After approximately 45 minutes of cooking, most of the milk has evaporated.
Now add sugar and turn the stove on high flame.
- Mix well. Keep cooking and stirring on high flame.
- Keep cooking on high flame until all milk and Sugar water evaporates completely.
- After adding sugar, we have cooked it for 25 more minutes. The milk and sugar water have almost evaporated.
- Now add Pure ghee, Cashew nuts and Ricotta cheese. Mix well and let it cook for 2 more min.
- After 2 min., switch off the stove. Your milky Gajar halwa is
ready. Serve hot and enjoy.
The effort is a bot more on the time that we spend making this Gajar Halwa. But, believe me..it is definitely worth the wait. Your family will surely love this sweet dessert.
I hope friends, you will make this recipe and enjoy with all. Thanks for watching!!!